• Report: #219530

• Updated: Sat, June 16, 2007

• Reported By:Virginia Beach, Virginia
CheapTrips
CheapTrips.com Internet U.S.A.

CheapTrips.com Did not honor 30 day refund promise. Have not received my refund of 113.95 Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: circumvent their circles

*Consumer Comment: Did you obtain this information in writing?

I was contacted by telephone and agreed to the contract after it was explained that I would have a 30 day refund clause...i.e. if I wanted to cancel this contract I would recieve full refund if cancelled within the thirty days. I called immediately the next morning and cancelled. I sent back by certified mail per their request the information I received - it was within the 30 day time frame. To date I have not received a credit of 113.95 to my credit card nor has Cheap Trips responded.

Scherry
Virginia Beach,, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2006 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapTrips/internet/CheapTripscom-Did-not-honor-30-day-refund-promise-Have-not-received-my-refund-of-11395-219530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapTrips

#1 Consumer Suggestion

circumvent their circles

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

While I am sorry for your loss, I wanted to thank you as I had the same thing. A phone call not 2 hours ago with a deal that seemd to good ot be true. $99 one time fee with $14.95 for shipping for a lifetime membership that guarenteed me cheap flights. I had been researching a flight to Rome for Christmas and thought this would be great. After many questions and thinking I had all my bases covered I agreed and confirmed the charge.

I had tried to access user feedback online while I kept the lady on the phone but was unable to find any in time. However, not long after I got off the phone I did begin to dig some up. I immedialty called the customer support number and asked to opt out as per the 30-day money back guarentee I was promised. I was told to call another number which is what I read would happen. I asked for a user name and pin to check prices and was given one.

Autumn with the PIN 2007

I used it and found that the prices were in fact no less cheaper than that of travelocity whom I usually use.

I then called the billing department to hear,
"This is the general voice mailbox of 'Cheaptrips.com' our offices are closed. Please leave your name and number and we will return you call."

I hung up as I knew that would never happen. I then got online and checked with my credit card company, Chase. They were extremly helpful in this matter. After I was told not any one single charge could be blocked I asked for a hold ot be placed on the card for 30 days. Thank God I don't use my card very often. I was informed that the hold was in effect and assured that if they had charged me already it would be displayed on my account via the internet. It was not listed, yet. I expect a call from that friendly voice asking me for an alternative card as this one does not work. In the mean time I will be calling their billing dept telling them I want my service (which they have not been paid for, yet) cancelled and given a cancelation number.

DO NOT BUY CHEAPTRIPS.COM's membership! I have not been cheated by them but their 'free' tickets require a 5-10 day stay at pricy hotels, their 85% off flights are no cheaper than free internet travel companies. IT IS NOT WORTH GIVING THEM MONEY!

Did you obtain this information in writing?

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

It sounds as though you dealt with this company verbally, rather than in writing. Do you have any written proof of this policy? To my knowledge, after doing some research, this company has no such thing as a "30 day refund promise." In fact, their services are NONREFUNDABLE/NONCHANGEABLE unless you purchase additional trip insurance coverage. Did you purchase said coverage? If not, it does not sound like you have a case here.