lovely

Complaint Review: CheapoAir

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By: 1fairconsumer — cypress California U.S.A.
CheapoAir

CheapoAir cheapoair.com Be careful of hidden fees and charges after booking Internet

I was canvassing a few different websites for the best deals to book our flight to Las Vegas.  I ran into this website and started doing my search.  A friend of mine told me that I could put a Promo code so that we could pay less.  I proceeded on my search and was waiting to get to the point where I could put the promo code and checkout verification.  Instead of providing me a summary of what I was about to purchase, the website directed me to "booked" flights.  I started panicking because I wasn't really ready to purchase the tickets, I only wanted to see how much the total would be, but it was too late.  I ended up purchasing 2 tickets and they added service fees (which wasn't even clearly presented).  I called right away to see if I can cancel, and they were unable to do it and they said they would have to charge $25 ea person booked, plus another $20 cancellation fee.  I accepted the fact that I got ripped off and just went on with my life.

A couple of days passed and I checked my bank account...low and behold, they added a new $23.90 charge to my bank that they didn't include in my booking.  I called right away to find out what it was and they said "oh..its for "Assistance Fee"" First of all, I did not ask for assistance, secondly, I did not authorize any of these charges.  The customer service lady did not hesitate on taking it off immediately.  They are probably used to getting calls about this problem.

Please..do not use this company to book flights..they will charge you up the roof for additional fees. Better to just book it directly at the airline's website.

CheapoAir..if you are reading this, please change your website to be not so screwy and bait-ish!  You will attract more lawsuits with this type of operations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2011 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapoAir/internet/CheapoAir-cheapoaircom-Be-careful-of-hidden-fees-and-charges-after-booking-Internet-766985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapoAir