Complaint Review: Cheapoair

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Kathryn — Shawnee Kansas United States of America
Cheapoair
213 West 35th Street, Suite 1301 New York, New York United States of America

Cheapoair Sam Jain; Ross Bogitch -Fraud, Unavailable Customer Service- New York, New York

*Author of original report: Ross Bogitch - ERROR!

*Author of original report: Resolved!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ERROR!

*UPDATE Employee: Kathryn

I have been trying to get a resolution to tickets purchased on July 4th and cancelled on July 6. They were cancelled because days after booking the flights, I received notification "due to techinical difficulties" I could not keep the original flight.  Cheapoair expected me to change my flights, increase my layover times by 4 hours, and pay additional fees because the flights are now more costly.

There was a refund on July 9 followed by a second charge in full. The total amount to be refunded is $2,352.

Over the past 2 days I have called customer service and billing department numerous times to no avail.  The hold times have exceeded 1 hour. When finally speaking to a rep. I have been "diconnected" by them twice. This is unacceptable.  I have been told the cancellation was valid, and I would see a total refund in my account. [continued below]....
..... But the refund was processed and reversed.  All I want is to see the refund, or to be told specifically when the refund will process and to be reassured that there has not been an error.

If I do not receive a response to the numerous emails and phone calls within the 24 hour response gaurantee, I will be disputing the charges with my credit card company. Furthermore, I will file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the NY Attorney General's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapoair/New-York-New-York-10001/Cheapoair-Sam-Jain-Ross-Bogitch-Fraud-Unavailable-Customer-Service-New-York-New-York-910119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheapoair

Ross Bogitch - ERROR!

AUTHOR: Katie B. - (United States of America)

The site does not allow me to change the title of the report.
I have posted that the matter has been resolved.

There are many resources online that reference Ross Bogitch as the Call Center Director.  Apparently, this is no longer the case. Unfortunately, the call center doesn't really like to answer the phone, or return calls.  And there is no direct line to the corporate office.  So this information can't really be verified.  I would remove his name from the title of this report if it was possible.

Resolved!

AUTHOR: Katie B. - (United States of America)

This issue was resolved 100% to my satisfaction.
To anyone having issues with Cheapoair, persistance and patience is key.  I must have spent over 10hours on the phone. But the matter was resolved.
I will not be using the service again, and will be sure to tell my friends and family to avoid the service as well.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ERROR!

AUTHOR: Ross Bogitch - (United States of America)

You need to ammend your reference to any involvement by me with this issue immendiately. I have not worked for this Company in over 5 years. I will persue legal action if not addressed within 48 hours.

Ross Bogitch

Kathryn

AUTHOR: Renee customer service - (U.S.A.)

Kathryn, I do apologize for the inconvenience.  In order to better assist you, can you forward your 8 digit booking number to me, I will certainly assist you with the refund.  My email is randrews@cheapoair.com.  I work in the escalated customer srevice department at Cheapoair.com.  Place BLOG in the subject line.  Once I hear back I will be in touch.

Regards,