Complaint Review: Cheapoair

• Submitted: Fri, October 07, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 07, 2011

• Reported By: TGZOEY — Vancouver Washington United States of America
Cheapoair

Cheapoair Cheapostay Did not pay the hotel after charging us for stay Internet, Internet

We used Cheapostay.com to book our stay at the Days Inn in Waukegan/Gurnee, Illinois.

Cheapostay was "able" to book our stay at a discounted price about $10.00 below what we were able to find elsewhere including direct to the hotel itself.

Check in was fine, no issues.  Upon returning to the hotel the second day the hotel manager notified us that the "corporate" card we used to pay for our room was declined.  After talking to the manager we were able to show them that the "corporate" card was not from us but from our booking agent (Cheapostay) and that we had been charged for our stay and even showed the manager the charge to our account from cheapostay.com on our statement (which we brought with us for just such an occurance)

As a favor to the hotel I called Cheapostay.com directly for them.  Upon selecting needing help with an exisiting reservation I was put on hold for over 20 minuets.  Upon answering the call I was told by the opperator that I had the wrong department and was put on hold again.  After an additional 15 mins the called was finally answered.  After explaining the situation to the agent (Angelo) I was asked to hold and that he would contact the hotel.  After leaving me on hold for an additional 10 mins, Angelo came back on the line and said he was on hold with the hotel which was a fabrication as I was talking to the hotel manager at the time.  After he came back on the the line to tell me his lie, he finally called the hotel and indicated that it was my card that was being denied. (which I had already proved to be false)

Very long story shortened, the hotel understood that it was Cheapostay.com that was not paying the room fee not I.

DO NOT BOOK WITH Cheapostay.com or Cheapoair.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2011 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapoair/internet/Cheapoair-Cheapostay-Did-not-pay-the-hotel-after-charging-us-for-stay-Internet-Internet-786142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheapoair