Complaint Review: Cheaprooms.com, Hotels.com

• Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Cheaprooms.com Hotels.com Refused Refund for stinky room Internet

*Author of original report: Cheaprooms.com, Hotels.com, Springfield, MO

*UPDATE Employee: In regards to credit ...

I booked a room at (The Inn At Lundy's Lane owned by Niagara Hospitality Hotels) through cheaprooms.com which is run by hotels.com (Confirmation #: 047888188). Upon arrival at my room it was in unacceptable condition; the room smelled, it was dirty. I sat on the bed to try it, it was hard as a rock.

I went to the "Manager" Donna Mancuso to ask for a refund. She said she would not charge me for 8.18.07 but would still charge me for 8.17.07. She became very rude after I told her this was not acceptable since the room was dirty and I had not stayed. She told me I owed $5 for outgoing telephone calls, I agreed to pay this. She told me to contact www.hotels.com as I booked the room through them.

I contacted hotels.com they told me the can not issue refund it was up to the hotel, opposite of what Donna had told me. They also charged $4.70 to my credit card, I am assuming for the telephone calls.

Hotels.com would not do anything for me. I also contacted Niagara Hospitality Hotels by email with no response. I have also filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General (Complaint #:340740) continuing investigation.

Michael
New Philadelphia, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2007 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheaproomscom-Hotelscom/internet/Cheaproomscom-Hotelscom-Refused-Refund-for-stinky-room-Internet-283246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaprooms.com, Hotels.com

Cheaprooms.com, Hotels.com, Springfield, MO

AUTHOR: Mfreetage - (U.S.A.)

After filing my complaint with Ripoff Report I got a rebuttal from Hotels.com. Hotels .com agreed to refund me $180, I checked my credit card statement and as promised the credit was there. I greatly appreciate the help from all participating parties.

In regards to credit ...

AUTHOR: Hcom Ccare - (U.S.A.)

Hi, my name is Matt and I am a Lead Agent with Hotels.com Customer Care. My office is in Springfield, MO.

In regards to your reservation, Mr. Freetage, I have taken a look and I see why the agents initially told you what they did; the policy included as part of your change/cancel policy states that there are no refunds for early checkout. This is due in large part to the fact that most hotels will still continue to bill us for the remaining nights; if we always refunded while still being billed, we'd lose a lot of revenue very quickly. However, in some cases the hotel will not bill us, and if that happens to be the case, we are more than happy to refund those nights.

The fact remains that the hotel has told us we're being billed for both of the nights you reserved. However, your complaint regarding the condition of the hotel/room adds some special circumstances to the mix. You were previously advised that you wouldn't receive any credit, but were offered $80 in Hotel Bucks, which are vouchers good toward that amount off a future prepaid booking through us. I don't show that you ever responded accepting or declining them. We never heard from you again after that offer, which was back on August 31st.

Rather than offer you vouchers, I have done the following: I have adjusted your booking for a refund of the 2nd night, plus I have adjusted the charge for the 1st night down to our cost. Together, this brings about a credit of $180.00. This amount should appear on your account within 30 days or by your next billing cycle.

For the record, Hotels.com did not make any other charges to your card aside from the total charge of $248.86 that was applicable for your booking when you made it on August 13th. The amount of $4.70 that you referenced must have been billed to you by someone other than Hotels.com. We do not charge our customers in relation to any incidentals they may incur at a hotel, including phone calls. All payments for incidentals are made to the hotel property directly.