Complaint Review: Cheaptickets - Traveler's Advantage

• Submitted: Tue, September 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 19, 2006

• Reported By:New Castle Delaware
Cheaptickets - Traveler's Advantage
PO Box 5250, Glen Allen, VA 23058 Glen Allen, Virginia U.S.A.

Cheaptickets - Traveler's Advantage rebate ripoff! conspiracy Glen Allen Virginia

Was told by CheapTickets that I could get 10 percent rebate off my round-trip airfare to the Philippines, by letting them transfer me over to another phone number to join a travel club called Traveler's Advantage. And was told I could try it out at no cost for 90 days, and still get the [$150] rebate. So I signed up for it.
They told me that all I had to do was send them a copy of the ticket receipt after I returned from my trip. Plus they told me they would also give me as a rebate 10 percent of what I paid for hotel accommodations. But when I returned, they changed their story saying they would give me only 5 percent.

Then next, after I mailed them copies of all my receipts, they told me that I would get NOTHING, because I didn\'t book everything through them...EVEN THOUGH I BOOKED MY AIRFARE THROUGH cheaptickets, who hooked me up with Traveler\'s Advantage.
Additionally, When I phoned Traveler's Advantage, the woman I spoke with told me that she was making a one time exception for me by approving 5 percent rebates [totalling $134.32]. And she told me that I would be receiving a check in the mail for that amount. But after that I would have to book everything through them.
BUT I NEVER GOT THAT CHECK for 5 percent rebates [let alone 10 percent promised me initially to get me to sign up].

Tom
New Castle, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2006 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheaptickets-Travelers-Advantage/Glen-Allen-Virginia-23058/Cheaptickets-Travelers-Advantage-rebate-ripoff-conspiracy-Glen-Allen-Virginia-211801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets - Traveler's Advantage