Complaint Review: Cheaptickets

Fairfax, Virginia United States of America

Cheaptickets flight with impossible connection Fairfax, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Cheaptickets Customer Relations

*Consumer Comment: So..

I recently returned from an international flight that I booked through Cheaptickets.  Cheaptickets irresponsibly sold me a flight itinerary with a connection that was literally impossible to make.  I didn't know until I was in the midst of my flight that there was never even a chance that I would make it on the second leg of my flight.

The flight was from the UK to DC with a layover in Montreal.  First off, if you book a ticket through Cheaptickets you cannot check-in with your carrier online ahead of your flight, and the electronic kiosks at the airport won't let you check in either.  You have to wait in line for a person at the airport.  Inconvenient, but only the start of my troubles.

In the UK I could only check in for my flight to Montreal.  My bag was checked through to DC, but I was told that in Montreal I would need to check in for the second leg of my flight.  I could not actually check in for the flight until I was physically at the check-in counter in Montreal.  My itinerary allowed a 1 hr and 20 minute layover in Montreal.

The flight from the UK to Montreal arrived 10 minutes late.  By the time I de-planed, 20 minutes had passed.  Next, I had to clear Canadian customs (which was never identified when I booked the ticket).  This added another 15 minutes.  By the time I cleared customs and went immediately to the check in counter for my flight to DC, 40 minutes of the 80 minute layover had been taken up.  Check-in for the flight closed 1 hr prior to the flight and zero agents were available to check me in.  Needless to say, I missed the flight and spent the next 9 hours trying to retrieve my baggage and get home.

My issue is that Cheaptickets did not understand the ticket it sold me.  They gave me no warning that I would have to clear customs in Canada or check-in in person.  Even if my flight from the UK had arrived on-time, I never had a chance to make the second leg of my flight.  It was an impossible ticket, and grossly irresponsible of Cheaptickets to sell.  I will never use their booking service again, and I would dissuade anyone else from using them as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheaptickets/Fairfax-Virginia-/Cheaptickets-flight-with-impossible-connection-Fairfax-Virginia-747442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets

Cheaptickets Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Cheaptickets - (USA)

Hi,

My name is Sarah, and I am part of the Cheaptickets Customer Relations Team. I saw your comments and would like to see if I can assist. Please email me your Cheaptickets Record Locator and I will review your account, and respond back to you.  Our email address is customerrelations@cheaptickets.com.  Please enter my name in the subject line.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Sarah
Cheaptickets Customer Relations
Chicago, IL

So..

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You knew the itinerary before you paid for it.  How is this anyone elses fault?