Complaint Review: Cheaptickets.com Cheap Tickets

• Submitted: Thu, July 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 15, 2012

• Reported By:Rochester Hills Michigan
Cheaptickets.com Cheap Tickets
500 W. Madison, Suite 1000 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Cheaptickets.com Cheap Tickets Sold me an impossible itinerary ($781 flight) and would not rectify, even though it was their error Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Travel document was showing wrong date

* : Airline Connection

I booked a flight from Detroit to Dominica (for August 29) using cheaptickets.com on 5-20-09. The layover in San Juan only allows me one hour to switch planes, pick up my luggage, transfer it to the other airline, and go through customs. I talked to other people who have flown to Dominica before, and they said that I will need at least three hours to do this. Basically, cheaptickets sold me an impossible itinerary because I would miss the connecting flight.

I called cheaptickets to get this fixed, and so far I have spent a total of seven hours on hold with their customer service over the course of three days, and they still haven't been able to reach a resolution. I gave them two simple options to either change my flight or give me a full refund ($781.14), and they have refused to do either of these. They told me that they would have contacted me by two days ago (7-28-09), yet they still haven't contacted me. Also, I have called them a total of five times, and two of the times I called, they hung up on me and I had to call back.

They have admitted to receiving similar complaints from other customers, yet they refuse to find a resolution in a timely manner. I was also told that if they are able to re-book me on another flight, I will still have to pay $200 for flight change fees, as well as the difference in the face value of the tickets. I have had a very poor customer service experience with cheaptickets.com. They have been both unprofessional and unwilling to work with me after I have paid for this expensive flight.

Katherine
Rochester Hills, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2009 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapticketscom-Cheap-Tickets/Chicago-Illinois-60661/Cheapticketscom-Cheap-Tickets-Sold-me-an-impossible-itinerary-781-flight-and-would-not-474810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets.com Cheap Tickets

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Travel document was showing wrong date

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

we  booked  a  flight  for  2 PAX  using Cheap  Tickets.  After  receiving  the  confirmation and  "Travel  document"  which  showed   an  arrival  from  at  JFK  on  July, 5, 2012  we  booked  the  connecting  flights.  Actually,  they  failed  to  add  the  +1  for  "next  day".  When  we  called  them  to  explain  that    this  was  totally  unprofessional  and  that  we  would  have  to  change  the  connecting  flights,  the  lady  with  the  filipino  accent  went   like  "it  is  common  sense  that  the  plane  arrives  the  following  day ...."   she  kept  on  talking  like  a  waterfall  without  getting  to  the  point  and  explain  why  they  were  not  able  to  make  this  clear  on  their  travel   document /  confirmation.  They  charged  us  a  total  of  $ 1,100   for  the  change  which  was  only  necessary  because  they  are  too  stupid  to   send  out  a  clear  travel  document  showing  the  date  of  departure  and  date  of  arrival.

Stay  away  from  these  morons -  at  the  end  it  won't  turn  out  cheap  for you.

#2

Airline Connection

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

Dear Katherine:

Im with CheapTickets Customer Relations Department and we saw your comment on Ripoff Reports regarding an airline connection issue.

Maybe I can be of assistance in this regard.

Please provide your CheapTickets record locator and e-mail address so that I can review this matter and reach out to you in this regard.

Regards,