Complaint Review: Cheaptickets.com

• Submitted: Tue, February 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 13, 2007

• Reported By:Chesapeake Virginia
Cheaptickets.com
cheaptickets.com Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Cheap Tickets - cheaptickets.com ripoff Canceled trip in the 24 hour time from and still charged for 2 trips Chicago Illinois

My husband & I booked tickets to England. within 12 hours we found out we had to change the departure airport. I went back online to see if I could change the reservation. On the emailed itinerary there was a button to change/cancel the reservation. I hit that & was allowed a courtesy cancellation. I went ahead & canceled online & received a page in confirmation to say my credit card would be refunded within 4-6 weeks.
So I booked 2 more tickets to England from the new departure airport feeling confident that the last 2 tickets were canceled.

Now, a month later there has been no refund & I went online to find out that both reservations are still active!!

I called customer service & spoke to an Indian gentleman who assured me that it was a mistake & he canceled the reservation for me & emailed me a confirmation which I would receive within 2 hours.

In 2 hours I received the email but it was the same itinerary I already had with no indication of a cancelation.

My husband called customer service & was on the phone for 2 hours. The tickets cannot be courtesy canceled according to them and they were never canceled. In fact they can cancel them now for a $250 + $50 fee each & the rest held for future travel.

This is unsatisfactory & the conversation led to speaking with a supervisor who could not help.
My frustration is that we were not trying to cheat the system. We genuinely needed to change the reservation & thought we had followed the correct procedures & now it is costing us a whole months pay for something which we did not do wrong!!!!!

Jason
Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2007 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapticketscom/Chicago-Illinois/Cheap-Tickets-cheapticketscom-ripoff-Canceled-trip-in-the-24-hour-time-from-and-still-c-235828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets.com