Complaint Review: Cheaptickets.com

• Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:Thomson Illinois
Cheaptickets.com
Cheaptickets.com Internet U.S.A.

Cheaptickets.com Used my credit card number without my clear permission Internet

*Consumer Comment: Clicking on that box GAVE THEM PERMISSION TO CHARGE YOUR CARD

I recently purchased airline/hotel tickets from Cheaptickets.com. Upon completing the transaction a drop down box kept asking me if I wanted a free coupon, this ad would not go away, so I finally signed up for the coupon by clicking the box.

A few months later I started seeing a $12.00 per month charge on my credit card for being a member of Reservations Rewards. I called them and asked how this happened and they told me and agreed that by clicking on the box and giving my email address was the ok for them to get my credit card info and start billing me.

I voiced my complaint over this and they canceled my membership in the program and they are in the process of refunding my 2 months of charges.

I am not happy with Cheaptickets and Reservations Rewards for this scam, and I DID NOT give my CC number to Reservations Rewards, only to Cheaptickets for the hotel/airline tickets.

Ed
Thomson, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapticketscom/internet/Cheapticketscom-Used-my-credit-card-number-without-my-clear-permission-Internet-444399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets.com

Clicking on that box GAVE THEM PERMISSION TO CHARGE YOUR CARD

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

When you accepted the coupon to get rid of the check box that would not go away - you gave them permission to use the card. this was disclosed as you processed the coupon request.

ITS IMPORTANT TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

Granted its a worthless membership program - however they only thing they are guilty of is taking advantage of the fact most people NEVER READ the information provided. The reason why they hide in other retailers websites ( usually referred to as a partner) is because NO ONE WILL VOLUNTARILY ENROLL IN THEM.

I recently was on Orbitz myself booking a hotel and they kept offering the $20 off your next purchase - THE OFFER CAME UP AGAIN AND AGAIN- I DID NOT CLICK ON THE BOX - it was not necessary to complete the transaction.