• Report: #207019

• Reported By:bar harbor Maine
Cheaptickets.com
Internet U.S.A.

Cheaptickets.com ripoff Internet

I had booked a flight from Bangor to Philadelphia back in April and had to change the date of my trip. When I tried to make the trip a week later, i was told that there were no seats. I was issued a credit for $825.00 and told I would have a year to use it.

I called on 8/20/06 at 1pm to try and use that credit for a trip to Philadelphia I need to make in October. I gave the info to the person and was told I would be put on hold while they searched flights. 22 minutes later, a different person came on the line and asked me all the same info and then told me I was being put on hold while flights were searched. 30 minutes later, I was cut off.

I then called back and went through the same info with them again, was put on hold for 18 minutes and then was told that the person would have to call the airline and it would be a 3 way call. We got connected to American Airlines but the cheaptickets.com person hung up, leaving me with the American Airlines guy but also leaving me clueless as to why I was talking to him!!

HE was very nice. i then called back, had to repeat the process a third time and was told that I could not get a flight to Philadelphia but she could transfer me to an exchange specialist. 16 minutes later, the exchange specialist came on the line and could book a flight for $448, instead of the $825 I had as a credit. There would be fees of $150 but they refused to deduct the fees from the credit and would not book the flight unless I authorized an additional charge of $150.

I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold. 42 Minutes later, I gave up and hung up the phone. I am contacting my credit card company tomorrow to dispute the charge.

Judith
bar harbor, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2006 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapticketscom/internet/Cheapticketscom-ripoff-Internet-207019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets.com