efficient

• Updated: Mon, April 24, 2006

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Cheaptrips.com
Internet U.S.A.

Cheaptrips.com ripoff refund scamming dishonest and misleading Internet

I signed up for the Cheaptrips service, believing it was a good deal after hearing about it over the phone. The woman was quick to assure me that refunds were guarenteed, easy to get, all the usual info. When we received the package it was NOT what we had been told it was, (hotel purchases required) and so we began a SIX week process to try and get our refund back.

What is the most peeving about this isn't that it's taking a while, its that we completed our end of the deal and have been receiveing nothing but excuses and more excuses and more future dates and still have nothing to show for it in the account. The first time it was a 'miscommunication', then it was a bank error, ( I contacted my bank, they were unable locate any kind of transaction, botched or otherwise) I called pretty irate after that and was told the woman who would handle this was out of town and for me to call back!

I called back and called back, and finally got the person 'in charge' of our refund, where I recieved a very smooth agology and a refund date of April 21st. April 21st has come and gone-today is the 24th-and once again the only person in the whole company who can handle our account (?!?) is out of the office. Steer way clear of this company, what they advertise is NOT what they sell (you can find a better deal practically anywhere)and good luck ever getting your money back.

Amanda
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2006 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheaptripscom/internet/Cheaptripscom-ripoff-refund-scamming-dishonest-and-misleading-Internet-188354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptrips.com