Complaint Review: Check Cash Advance

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: RobinPerry — Upper Marlboro Maryland United States of America
Check Cash Advance
2520 South Parkway Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

Check Cash Advance Alex Jordan said I had been approved for a loan. I Western Union $208 to Maribel Castro in the Phillipines. Then I was told to send another $294.00 plus the fee was $304.00 to the same Maribel Castr Washington, District of Columbia

*General Comment: How to get your money back

*Consumer Suggestion: Wow, you fell big time for this old scam...

Check Cash Advance supposely located at 2520 South Parkway in the District of Columbia.  Alex Jordan is the representative I spoke to.  The number is 202-436-9100 but of course now no one is answering the phone.

The first transaction took place on Dec. 19th the MTCN number I was given after I sent the $198 and the $10 fee for a total of $208 was 311-938-5512.

The second transaction took place on the same day the MTCN number I was given after $294 and the $10 fee for a total of $304 was 749-937-3257

Then I was given a MTCN number of 2081336752 which was suppose to give me back the $208 plus the $294 plus the loan amount of $1500

Please help me get my money back or at least get these fools because I should have known better but I really needed the money then and now I am just sick because of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Cash-Advance/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20009/Check-Cash-Advance-Alex-Jordan-said-I-had-been-approved-for-a-loan-I-Western-Union-208-989290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Cash Advance

#1 General Comment

How to get your money back

AUTHOR: lynn - (United States of America)

I was also taken for 600 from these people and am working to get money back as well. If you used a western union moneywise visa debit card the card is insured by fdic. I had to file a police report and filed a report with western union that I was a victim of fraud. You should be able to get your money back if you file with police and if you used a card with the visa logo on it. Western union didnt offer the information to me as far as the card being insured but anything with a visa logo is backed by fdic and you can fight to get your money back. I wish you luck and hope you get the money back. Just be persistant.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Wow, you fell big time for this old scam...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

First, it's not legal to ask for up front money to get a loan.

Second, I'll bet you were asked to send the money Western Union or Greendot...right?

Third, your money is GONE, there's no way to trace where it went, probably someplace like Nigeria.