Complaint Review: Check Processing Bureau Enforcement Division, Doug Lewis

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2008

• Reported By:Adel Georgia
Check Processing Bureau Enforcement Division, Doug Lewis
130 Church Street Suite 276 New York, New York U.S.A.

Check Processing Bureau Enforcement Division, Doug Lewis, Ron Adams I recieved this letter on Jan. 30th 2008 stating that I owe $221.00 for a bad check New York New York

Doug Lewis,a "representative" of "The Check Processing Bureau - FRAUD DIVISION", has called my residence several times over the last week. Using bullying tactics, he told me I owed on an outstanding debt to AT&T Broadband which I never wrote any checks to. Having been the subject of debt collections in the past I KNEW this phone call did not sound like the typical attempt at collection. No one has EVER called, "out of the blue", 7 years later to collect on a $221 NSF check!! I told him I had no bank accounts and no credit cards as payment(just to see what he would say). He told me where to send a money order... i took down all the info on where to send my payment 130 Church St., NY, NY 10007 and his 'employee # 198-237-786 phone Numbers 1 888 238-3290 or 201 751-1733 he also said that this debit was no longer with AT&T that the insurance company paid it.

Carol
Adel, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2008 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Processing-Bureau-Enforcement-Division-Doug-Lewis/New-York-New-York-10007/Check-Processing-Bureau-Enforcement-Division-Doug-Lewis-Ron-Adams-I-recieved-this-letter-305431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Processing Bureau Enforcement Division, Doug Lewis