Complaint Review: Check Redi

• Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: NowThen — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Check Redi
406 Park Place Lexington, Kentucky United States of America

Check Redi One hour to pay or we're sending you to jail today Lexington, Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: This is a scam

*Consumer Comment: FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL

I was contacted by Check Redi at 4:01 p.m. on September 2, 2011.  A lady by the name of Traci talked very fast and said I had one hour to pay them or they would send me to jail TODAY.

I had no idea what she was talking about, and she refused to let me say anything.  I finally hung up and called back asking to speak with the manager.  I was put on hold, and no one ever came to the phone.

Traci called back two more times and threatened to send her "man" to my home (then she stated my street address).

I hung up and called Check Redi again and asked a representative if she would try to find out what was going on.  She said a $35 check written last week had bounced.  I told her I would be glad to check into it and would call her back.  I also told her about my experience with Traci and that she threatened me.  She stated that she sits close to Traci and she didn't hear Traci make any threats.  This began the charade of the "good cop, bad cop" scene.

This company is going to protect itself and lie for each other.

Several people from the company have called me repeatedly within the past hour to threaten, intimidate, and harass.

I am going to contact my bank and see if they are aware of a bounced check.  If a check did bounce, it will be taken care of.

In the meantime, there is no reason these people couldn't conduct business in a business-like manner and follow the legal statutes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2011 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Redi/Lexington-Kentucky-40511/Check-Redi-One-hour-to-pay-or-were-sending-you-to-jail-today-Lexington-Kentucky-772385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Redi

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Customer Service - ()

I apologize for this response taking so long.  If you are still in need of resolving this issue I will be more than happy to help you resolve it to your complete satisfaction.  You can contact me at 800-686-9522.  Ask for Olivia in the customer service department.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
CHECKredi

This is a scam

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

The next time Tracey calls tell her that if she sends her man to your home . She will be identifying his body at the Morgue and arranging his funeral.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL

AUTHOR: tom - (USA)

First off, I doubt if they will arrest you that fast.  Their threats are illegal.  They do not have the authority to arrest.   The holder of the check turns it over to the local police and the District Attorney's office.  It might be a couple of months.

I would try to get a tape recorder and record the threats.  Then file a complaint with the attorney General's office.   Give them a copy of the tape.

I do not believe there is a check that bounced.  Confirm this with the bank.  They are conartists and trying to scam you.   DO NOT PAY THEM TILL THEY PROVIDE PROOF.  GET THE PROOF BY FILING A COMPLAINT WITH ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE of your state.   BELIEVE ME IF YOU PROVIDE A COPY OF THE THREATS.  THEY WILL BE PUTTY IN YOUR HANDS.  ITS ILLEGAL.

You can sue them for threats  an National association of consumer advocates.  These lawyers take sometimes cases on contingency basis.  With the recording the case is a slam dunk.

Checks will go thru twice.   So how could they have a check that fast?   record them and collect.

Good Luck