Complaint Review: Check Redi

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 13, 2009

• Reported By:LITHONIA Georgia
Check Redi
Unknown Cant Get Them To Awnser The Phone Internet U.S.A.

Check Redi/ Food Depot/ Global Check Victim of Identity theft. Stockbridge Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

*Consumer Suggestion: Every four years

I was a victim of check fraud in 2004, It took me 1 year to clear my name, faxing police reoprts and affdavits to every Joe Blow in the Check Recovery Industry, here is 2008 and one of these idiots has put something back in the system dated in 2004 and now agian I cant write a check nowhere, But I bet the criminal bastard that did this to me is still writing checks. but guess what it is a friday night and these places are closed, I think there ought to be a law that they have to have 24 hour customer service to deal with these issues promptly,

If anyone has any suggestions, I am looking for an attorney to file suit against these companies for waiting 4 years and hiring nothing but idiots, I would think that the Federal goverment must have some guidlelines that they must follow, Where would I find those, Please help I am desparate.

Gcg0130
LITHONIA, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Redi/internet/Check-Redi-Food-Depot-Global-Check-Victim-of-Identity-theft-Stockbridge-Internet-365950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Redi

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Customer Service - ()

I apologize for the delay in response to this matter.  I certainly understand your frustration in dealing with identity fraud.  If there is anything that I may be able to do at this time please feel free to contact me at 800-686-9522.  Ask for Olivia in the customer service department.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
CHECKredi

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Every four years

AUTHOR: Reporter33 - (U.S.A.)

Every 4 years sounds about right. We went through the same thing as you and it was a real pain. One pain that lingers is the A/R department at Pier 1. We contacted all the creditors about our instance of ID theft and they all took it off the books.

The trouble is that Pier 1 sells its uncollected debt and about every 4 years we get calls from a collection agency that purchased their bad debt for pennies on the dollar. Apparently no one at Pier 1 knows how to permanently remove the fraud from their records. When they are contacted they say "It's not our problem, it's been turned over to collections. Deal with them."

The last time it happened I filed a complaint with the AG. Guess I'll wait and see what happens.