Complaint Review: Check Systems Recovery

• Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Sam — DFW Texas United States of America
Check Systems Recovery
PO Box 1098 Amherst, New York United States of America

Check Systems Recovery illegal debt collection tactics and possible caller id spoofing Amherst, New York

*Consumer Comment: Garbage

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: funny

*Consumer Comment: Same day, Same Woman, Different City??

*Consumer Comment: I to have been contacted by this

On 9/21, I received a call from Omar Jackson (caller id #817-275-9585 Timothy P) stating that he was working for Check Systems Recovery and would be serving me papers should I not respond to CSR at 855-461-0743 Case #180***.  He called twice.  On 9/22, I received a call from Omar Johnson stating the same as the day before.  On 9/22 I called the Check Systems Recovery and spoke with Mark. I asked him what debt was the company trying to recover and that I had not received a written notification.  I also told him that Omar J. had stated that he would be serving me papers.  Mark stated that no one from his office has ever called and threatened to serve paper work. I told him well, Omar J called my home and stated that I needed to call the 855 # if I did not want to be served. I asked Mark for a written debt verification letter and he said that they have mailed me one. (I did not receive one) I asked him what was the debt.  He would not give me the information. I asked him who was the debt originator, he would not give me information. I told him that by law I needed that information. I asked him why was I getting phone calls threatening to serve me papers, and he said that no one from his office had called me and that I needed to contact that person locally. He then said not to call his office anymore and to have my lawyer contact him and hung up. After this call, I called the # that was on my caller id 817-275-9585. I asked the gentleman if he was Omar Jackson or Omar Johnson.  He stated that he was Mr. P.  I asked him did he work with Check Systems Recovery and he said no, that this was his home phone number. I told him that someone from his home number called me and said they were working for Check Recovery Systems and saying they were going to serve me papers.  Mr. P stated that he did not know what I was talking about.  He said it was home phone and that he would contact AT&T. ( I believe the company was caller id spoofing, I did genuinely believe Mr. P did not know what I was talking about)

****** two hours after this took place, my mother called me and said that 2 other ppl had called her using the same caller id # and referencing to call the toll free 855 #. They used the names Mark Johnson and Omar Thompson.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2011 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Systems-Recovery/Amherst-New-York-14226/Check-Systems-Recovery-illegal-debt-collection-tactics-and-possible-caller-id-spoofing-Am-779991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Systems Recovery

Garbage

AUTHOR: RELLIK - ()

I have recently target by this company. I am not sure but I approved them to collect money from me for around 3 payments of 400 dollars. They got $400 then a day later took another 50 then another 200. I locked down my bank and I will call my bank in the morning to investigate this fraud. I also have a car payment due tomorrow I am not sure how well that will workout. They called my parents my wife and threatened to call my employer, send me papers, call me names.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

funny

AUTHOR: PO - (United States of America)

She must travel the country.... nobody ever came to my house our work .. they are just a big Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same day, Same Woman, Different City??

AUTHOR: Annoyed - (United States of America)

Wendy Richards called me today too and said she was coming by my home and office to serve me with papers from the county, and I live in the Orlando, FL area! ???

I to have been contacted by this

AUTHOR: PO - (United States of America)

I talked to a person at this CSR place and he wouldnt give any information and that they did not call threating to serve me papers . the person who called was a Wendy Richards . She claims that shes going to serve me papers today but yet. but yet I have received anything by mail that i even oew anything .

Did you ever get served by anyone ?