Complaint Review: Check Systems Recovery

• Reported By: Annoyed — Orlando Area Florida United States of America
Check Systems Recovery
PO Box 1098 Amherst, New York United States of America

Check Systems Recovery threatening Civil Suit Amherst, New York

Call initiated from a blocked number to my cell phone, caller a Wendy Richards, process server for the county coming to serve certified letter of intent, told me to contact phone number above and reference file #.

Called the company and spoke to Mark Gray who said he cannot give me too much info on their company but that they were an in-bound call center for a network of attorneys that handled bad debt cases. He said that they were calling in regards to a debt (from 2007) that came to them. He emailed me letter for verification that they were Check Systems Recovery and included the old debt account number. Said they had mailed me 2 letters, one in August, one in November (I never received any letters, havent received anything from the original loan company or debt collectors in years). Said he needed to put me on hold to see if he was allowed to have me handle the case voluntarily.

The person who came back on the line was Sharon Myers . She started off pretty rudely arguing with me that yes I did get the letters, and I stated that just because she has my address and says they sent letters is no proof that I received them. I never signed for anything. I told her she can have that process server come out then with the certified letter. Sharon said that if I was served the papers, it would out of her hand and now a civil suit with ______ County and I would have to pay the double the whole amount, plus 300% interest and attorney, filing, and court fees and my total bill would be over $7000. (My total debt is only $1000) She said I would need to make payment arrangement fees immediately in order for that not to happen. She said she couldnt put a hold on the account for it not to go to a civil suit unless I paid the settlement of $500 or the entire amount.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Systems-Recovery/Amherst-New-York-14226/Check-Systems-Recovery-threatening-Civil-Suit-Amherst-New-York-837146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Systems Recovery