Complaint Review: Checkcard Reservation Rewards

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2008

• Reported By:san diego California
Checkcard Reservation Rewards
Internet U.S.A.

Checkcard Reservation Rewards - CHEAPTICKETS.COM Beware of online transaction from this company that go unnoticed Internet

Hi,

Even I too got ripped off by this company.

Today I noticed that there was a pending transaction for $12 with my account from these guys. When I was lodging a complaint with my bank, I got to know that these guys had deducted the same amount in June that had gone unnoticed by me. Moreover this was a recurring transaction that would take place every month. At once I stopped the payment and have lodged the complaint against them. My bank people were helpful in getting me this "Checkcard Reservation Rewards" company's phone number. When I called them up, they told me that they had got a confirmation from "Cheaptickets.com" with MY APPROVAL for them to deduct and they have my online signature (my email address). When I recalled what had happened, the story goes like this:

I was trying to book online air tickets for a vacation. I came across this "CheapTickets.com" website and booked air tickets with my debit card number. Interesting part was - the tickets were automatically cancelled by "CheapTickets.com" and the reason given to me was "The concerned airline are not confirming the tickets I have ordered". After that I almost forgot about this. Now I realised that how the fraud would have taken place. The "CheapTickets.com" has shared my banking credentials and my email address (as digital signature) with these guys giving them a false confirmation of my approval to them. The REAL CULPRIT IS "CHEAPTICKETS.COM". Beware, never buy tickets from them as they will be sharing your banking information (credit / debit) to others (probably their partners) and YOU will be ripped of.

Naveen
san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checkcard-Reservation-Rewards/internet/Checkcard-Reservation-Rewards-CHEAPTICKETSCOM-Beware-of-online-transaction-from-this-co-347290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checkcard Reservation Rewards