Complaint Review: Checkers Auto Parts

• Updated: Fri, January 22, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Checkers Auto Parts
41009 N Ironwood Rd San Tan Valley, Arizona United States of America

Checkers Auto Parts O'Reilly Auto Parts Sold me a bad motor San Tan Valley, Arizona

*General Comment: warranty proccedures

To make a long story short, my son and I purchased a rebuilt motor from Checker / OReilly Auto Parts. After the motor was installed, antifreeze was leaking from somewhere, however the car never left a puddle. He attempted to drive the vehicle to California and the vehicle was blowing white smoke out the exhaust. I had to rent a trailer & drive out to California to pick up the vehicle. When we returned to Arizona I took the vehicle to the garage I use. The mechanic took apart the motor and said, This is one of the worst rebuilt motors I have ever seen. He went on to say that the gasket on the third cylinder was not tightened to specks. He stated that they used old used bolts, and when you rebuild a motor properly, you should never use old bolts, because they stretch and will not hold specs properly. He said the antifreeze was going, into the third cylinder. He replaced the bad gasket, and replaced the used bolts with new bolts and tightened the bolts down to specks. He did not replace anything that we placed on the motor, and the motor has been running fine. When I contacted ATK, they stated it was not their fault and they were not going to pay for the repairs, or refund my money for a poorly rebuilt motor. How can Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts, sell poorly rebuilt motors and not care about their customer. When we talked to them about the motor which we bought and paid for in their store, they said contact ATK. I informed them about what had happened and they just gave me a business card to the home office. I want to warn anybody and everybody. Do not purchase a motor from Checker / OReilly Auto Parts. They do not stand behind their product!!!

Thank you for offering this service.

Robert, Mesa, AZ

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2010 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checkers-Auto-Parts/San-Tan-Valley-Arizona-85140/Checkers-Auto-Parts-OReilly-Auto-Parts-Sold-me-a-bad-motor-San-Tan-Valley-Arizona-554453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checkers Auto Parts

#1 General Comment

warranty proccedures

AUTHOR: ralee@telusplanet.net - (Canada)

I work in an unrelated company and have to deal with this type of thing everyday. If there is a potential warranty problem with a product you must contact the company before repairs are initiated or face denial of any repair costs. This is standard through out the industry. At this point, as the proper procedure was not followed, we would make you sue to get anything. I recommend, if you think you have a case, that you file in small claims court and ask for your money there. Good Luck