Complaint Review: Checkmate Instant Check

• Reported By: Eak — Westminster Maryland
Checkmate Instant Check
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Checkmate Instant Check total rip off Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: RipOff Report works!!!

I received an email offering a $1.00 trial of the service.  I did it for $1.00 to see if they would come up with information I already knew.  They didn't so I didn't sign up for the service.  Now a month or two later, I find a charge of $29.63 on my credit card account. When I called to complain about this I was told that as one of the terms of the $1.00 five day trial, unless the client actively cancelled, the service was automatically renewed on a montly basis.  They offered to refund 1/2 of the fee that was charged to me and to cancel the account.  I told them I was then going to file a complaint with the Maryland Attorney General's office.  Ralph somewhat arrogantly said that I was entitled to think what I wished but that they were a legitimate company.  NO LEGITIMATE company conducts business this way!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checkmate-Instant-Check/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Checkmate-Instant-Check-total-rip-off-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1062670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checkmate Instant Check

RipOff Report works!!!

AUTHOR: Eak - ()

About two days after I wrote my report on this company I got a notice from them that they had reviewed by case and had decided to cancel my subscription and refund the $29.63 that had been charged.  Bravo!!!!