Complaint Review: Checkmate Instant Check

• Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: Cheryl — Gresham Oregon
Checkmate Instant Check
Internet USA

Checkmate Instant Check TOTAL RIP OFF Apparently I was signed up for a membership. I found out when checking my bank balance and saw that a recurring monthly amount was being taken out of my account. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS. I paid 1.99 for a report that they didn't actually give me. So obviously I unwittingly signed up for a membership at that time. I called and immediately canceled my "Membership" and they tried to persuade me to continue to "use" their services. There are no real services. Internet

About a month ago I went online to try and find out information on my son. My son ,in the past had done time in penetentiary. I found instant checkmate. Actually their website is connected to browser pages and links that say free background checks. I went on to the website and was caught in a loop of having to pay something to get the information I was asking for. After paying 1.99, the information was still not available except for paying more money. This told me that something wasn't right about the concept of this company. At that time I just decided to forget it and left the website. This morning I was checking my bank statement and saw that a recuring pament of 29.98 was taken out of my account by checkmate instant check company. I had to goggle this to find out what this was as I didn't remember setting up a recurring payment for anything. When I realised what this was, I called the company and Imediatly canceled this so called membership. So I am sure when I paid the 1.99 for something that I didn't receive, I must have inadvertantly signed up for a membership. I have decided to "eat" the 30.00, but I am writing this report so that others may be aware of these types of scams and how these companies can get money out of bank accounts without really doing anything at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checkmate-Instant-Check/internet/Checkmate-Instant-Check-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-Apparently-I-was-signed-up-for-a-membership-I-foun-1135652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checkmate Instant Check