Complaint Review: Checkredi

• Updated: Fri, September 16, 2011

• Reported By: Jessica — Lexington Kentucky United States of America
Checkredi
406 Park Pl Lexington, Kentucky United States of America

Checkredi ignores rules of debt collection uses illegal tactics! Lexington, Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

I admittedly made a mistake in balancing my checking account and had a check returned NSF to Donato's Pizza.  This company, CheckRedi, is the agency used by Donatos to collect on their returned checks.  CheckRedi continually left me messages stating that I "must" respond to their calls before 5 pm or face consequences.  I tried to call them back but only received voicemail.  I left messages telling them that I'd make the payment on my next pay date yet the demanding and threatening calls continued.  Finally, this morning, I was able to speak with someone when I called and to add insult to the injury of the mistake they charged me $90.65 for a $28.65 check!  Is this legal?  Does anyone know if it is legal to charge $62.00 to collect on a returned check?  That just seems outrageous to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2011 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checkredi/Lexington-Kentucky-40511/Checkredi-ignores-rules-of-debt-collection-uses-illegal-tactics-Lexington-Kentucky-777497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checkredi

Customer Service

AUTHOR: Customer Service - ()

I have reviewed your complaint and would like to assist you in resolving this matter if you are still interested.  You can contact me at 800-686-9522.  Ask for Olivia in our customer service department.

I will personally investigate this matter and resolve it to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,