Complaint Review: Checks Unlimited, Direct Checks, Direct Checks Unlimited

• Submitted: Thu, April 13, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 13, 2006

• Reported By:Azle Texas
Checks Unlimited, Direct Checks, Direct Checks Unlimited
8245 N. Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920 Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Checks Unlimited, Direct Checks, Direct Checks Unlimited Poor quality CHEAP looking checks Colorado Springs Colorado

I thought when I ordered checks for my new account from Checks Unlimited, I was getting a good deal. I fell for the newspaper insert advertising cheap checks (I got 4 boxes for $19.00). So I hopped online and placed my order.

My checks arrived in a timely fashion, but my disappointment came when I opened the box. The first thing I noticed was that there were no lids at all for the four boxes of checks. Then I noticed that even though I had ordered 800 checks, there were only 2 registers included in my order.

Upon inspection of my checks, my name and bank information printed on the checks was so faint it could barely be read and my name and address was so offset it was ON the "pay to the order of line" so the checks are pretty much useless. Like the printer was low on ink when they were printed. So I called Checks Unlimited to get them to make good on their guarantee and to request more registers.

I was told that if I wanted more registers then I would have to buy them at $2.50 a piece, which is reasonable, but you would think that with such a large order, they would include more registers. They apologized for the checks coming out so crummy and said they would reprint them at no charge.

I will update when the new checks arrive. If they are as bad as the first set, I will demand a full refund.

Bev
Azle, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2006 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checks-Unlimited-Direct-Checks-Direct-Checks-Unlimited/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80920/Checks-Unlimited-Direct-Checks-Direct-Checks-Unlimited-Poor-quality-CHEAP-looking-checks-186556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checks Unlimited, Direct Checks, Direct Checks Unlimited