Complaint Review: Checks Unlimited

• Submitted: Tue, January 04, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2005

• Reported By:Tinley Park Illinois
Checks Unlimited
checksunlimited.com Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Checks Unlimited ripoff Colorado Springs Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: They have done this to MANY PEOPLE

*Consumer Suggestion: They have done this to MANY PEOPLE

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Try this I feel he is respectable!

I ordered checks from this company using a flyer that was inserted in my local paper. I sent a check for the amount listed in the ad of $11.00

A few weeks days later I an invoice for an additional $30.60

I phoned the company and was told that the offer was only for first time customers. I did not recall ordering checks from this company, but according to their records I ordered checks from them before. I asked to cancel them and she said they have already been shipped and if I don't pay they will turn my bill over to a collection agency. The customer service agent said I could pay my balance by visa and receive a 10% discount (notice on other complaints via rip-off reports, people were offered 30%). I asked why I was not phoned when there was going to be a change to the price. I know I had to include my phone number on the order, plus my phone number is printed on my checks. She stated that is not their practice because it delays shipment.

I was told I can return the checks but I won't be refunded the original $11.00. Hmmm, other customers via rip-off report were told they could not return their checks.

I tried to call their President, Steve Berry but was told he is no longer with their company and they would not give me the new President's name or assistant's name. Seems like this company likes to play games with consumers.

I would never order from this company again simply for their shady business practices.

Jackie
Tinley Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2005 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checks-Unlimited/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80935-7400/Checks-Unlimited-ripoff-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-125649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checks Unlimited

#1 Consumer Suggestion

They have done this to MANY PEOPLE

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

A local news channel did a consumer investigative report on this very issue. Seems that the check company has tried to double dip alot of people.

Check out this link for information

Hope this helps!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

They have done this to MANY PEOPLE

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

Check out this link for information

Hope this helps!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Try this I feel he is respectable!

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

Try calling 719-531-3900 and ask for N. Underwood. Not sure if he is still there, but I feel he is respectable!

settlement