Complaint Review: Checks Unlimited

• Submitted: Sat, August 14, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, August 14, 2004

• Reported By:Granbury Texas
Checks Unlimited
Dept 228 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-204-2244
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Checks Unlimited - Direct Checks Unlimited Total Ripoff Denver Colorado

I ordered checks from this company using a flyer that was inserted in my local paper. I sent a check for the amount listed in the ad of $11.00

A few weeks later I received my checks with no problems. Two days later I received an invoice for an additional $17.90.

I phoned the company and was told that the offer was only for first time customers. I did not recall ordering checks from this company, but according to their records I ordered checks from them almost 5 years ago. Obviously I don't keep records of every company I order checks from.

I asked why I was not phoned when there was going to be a change to the price. I know I had to include my phone number on the order, plus my phone number is printed on my checks. She stated that is not their practice because it delays shipment.

When requesting to speak to a manager my request was denied and she said she could take off 30% right then if I paid over the phone with a credit card. I refused to pay and told her I would simply return the checks to them since this was not the contracted price in my opinion. I was told they were not returnable since they were personalized financial documents.

This is a classic case of the old "bait and switch" advertising scam.

I would never order from this company again simply for their shady business practices.

Shiretta
Granbury, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2004 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Checks-Unlimited/Denver-Colorado-80271-0228/Checks-Unlimited-Direct-Checks-Unlimited-Total-Ripoff-Denver-Colorado-103680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Checks Unlimited