Complaint Review: Chegg

• Reported By: LarryV50 — Suwanee Georgia
Chegg
Internet USA

Chegg Horrible customer service on a "Guaranteed" delivery Internet

My daughter used our credit card to order an Organic Chemistry book along with the study guide via Chegg.com. She got a confirmation with a "guaranteed" delivery date. The books didn't show, so she went to their site, logged in and sent them an email to track the order. She got a response that the order didn't ship, they apologized, gave her a credit and free use of the e-edition until they could re-ship the books.

All sounded fine. She got another email confirmation with a new "guaranteed" delivery date. The books didn't show up again. First she emailed them and got no real answer, so I told her to call their customer service number. She got a girl on the phone, and after checking on the order told our daughter that the orders got hung up in the system and they would credit our credit card for the charges. Our daughter told her she doesn't want a credit, she needs the books and Chegg now has her in a bind. The customer service girl told her they can't confirm the books are available and she needs to order them from someone else.

What kind of answer is that? We had to order brand new books from Amazon at a price of $228.00 plus air freight shipping to get them the next day. And they came the next day. Amazon actually backs up their "guarantee". It isn't a guarantee if you don't back it up. It is a useless assumption. That's a bad business policy.

I was in sales over 32 years. If I gave an answer to one of my customer's, after I dropped the ball twice, to buy the product from one of my competitors, it would be the last time I would hear from the customer. And if I was lucky, I might keep my job.

We have spent a lot of money with Chegg and have had a few glitches before, but this one topped them all. I will not be allowing our daughter to use our credit card to buy anything else from them. If she decides to, then that's her choice, as long as she pays the bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chegg/internet/Chegg-Horrible-customer-service-on-a-Guaranteed-delivery-Internetnbsp-1057376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chegg