Complaint Review: Chemistry.com

• Reported By: Steve — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Chemistry.com
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Chemistry.com False advertising Dallas, Texas

Dear Readers, I would like to add my voice to the man from San Diego California. Noting that his post is dated 2008. Obviously nothing has changed. While it did not cost me anything, I sure got an education in the field of online dating. The Chemistry.com scam involves a variation on a theme called "Bait & Switch". The Bait is that you are told that you get to do certain things for free...ie. Free communication weekend, Free Game night on Tuesdays, See Who Has Been Viewing you and so on. However, when you click on the so called free stuff, They threw the subscribe (spelled suscribe) page up in the center of the screen preventing you from seeing what was behind it.

When I contacted them about this, I at least got a response. Probably because they had not yet gotten their money hooks into me. Reguardless, the answer explained all the things I was doing wrong. SO,........  The next encounter proved to be equally frustrating as the same thing occured, and I crossed all my T's and dotted the I's. Still no soap. Again, I inquired with the following comment. > I base whether to purchase a membership on how well the site functions in the so called free mode. Their response was a form e-mail about how my complaint made no sense and had to be in English and could not contain repetitive letters or words. In other words gobelty gook gibberish. Except this > Be aware of your time zone because, they finely narrow when these events occur, or words to that effect.  Just like the guy from San Diego, it's usually at an inconvient time. How clever.

Now when I wanted to cancel my membership, the site makes you jump through hoops and asks questions like. Would you recommend us to a friend (figure the odds) and a dialog box that asks, what we could have done to make things better. Finally, choose a catagory for your reason for leaving.. and to my amazement none of the choices made Chemistry look as though they were the ones at fault.. example,>  Subscription too expensive for me at this time? Couldn't find what you were looking for? Billing problems? Technical issues? etc. I called it the snarky page.

Bottom line, Chemistry.com is a bad company. I can say that as I am, and have been, in the security alarm retail business myself for over 20 years and if I tried any of those tactics on my customers I would not be in business very long. Not to mention that in Virginia what they did was called moral turpitude. My best advice, if you can try it for free, do that and be wary and watchful for the bait & switch. Also I never got to meet or communicate with any women on the site either.
but all my matches came in regular e-mails as though the ladies were stacking up like cord wood at my front door. When it comes to online dating keep your credit cards in a safe place. lol

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2012 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chemistrycom/Dallas-Texas-75225/Chemistrycom-False-advertising-Dallas-Texas-885873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chemistry.com