Complaint Review: Chemistry.com

• Submitted: Tue, August 10, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2010

• Reported By: Constantly Peeved — North Lauderdale Florida United States of America

Chemistry.com Unauthorized Charges, Internet

At some time in July 2010 - near as I can figure - it seems that one of my teenagers set up an account with Chemistry.com.  My Brother has an account with them and he knows that you are required to use the CVS number on the back of the credit card so whomever set up this account had my card in their hand.  I called my bank and was able to get the two charges of 49,95 reversed but I also had to cancel my card and change it with the companies I have automatic payments with.  It was a hassle.

My problem with Chemistry.com came in when I tried to get information regarding the account that was set up with my credit card.  I have called their customer service line three times and I have been told three different stories.  I have had an e-mail exchange going with their alleged customer service department for days.  In my original e-mail I made it very clear that I was not the one who set up the account - they refuse to tell me anything.  All of the sudden they want to protect the integrity of the account - where was their integrity when they allowed a minor to set up an account by just selecting an age out of a drop down box???  They don't even verify that their "member" is the account holder - if it's a good number they bill it.

This is FRAUD and they should be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2010 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chemistrycom/internet/Chemistrycom-Unauthorized-Charges-Internet-630274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chemistry.com