Complaint Review: Cherry Creek Dodge

• Updated: Wed, November 10, 2010

• Reported By: Vic — Denver Colorado United States of America
Cherry Creek Dodge
2727 S Havana St Denver, Colorado United States of America

Cherry Creek Dodge General Manager: Chris Staton Cargo Tray and repair to Check Engine light were included in sale. Cargo Tray missing upon pickup. Service did not resolve Check Engine issue. Denver, Colorado

I found a used 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon online, being sold at Cherry Creek Dodge. The advertisement indicated that a Cargo Tray (worth ~$60) was included with the sale. Both the salesperson and I saw and acknowledged the presence of the Cargo Tray when I came in to test drive the car. I completed the sale of the car that day. When I came back to pick the car up later that week, the Cargo Tray was gone. I talked to numerous people in sales and service, and I even got ahold of the general manager (Chris Staton), but I was rudely told that they'd lost too much money on the sale to replace the Cargo Tray, and they were sure I had sufficient funds to go buy another one myself.
My Bill of Sale also indicated (in writing) that Cherry Creek Dodge would perform service on the car because it had come in with the Check Engine light on. They serviced the car and the light went off, but after a week of driving the car, the Check Engine light had come on again. The service department refused to do anymore repairs, and so I took the car to a different service center. Diagnostics indicated that there were likely two parts that initially needed replacement, but that Cherry Creek Dodge had only replaced the less expensive part. I have no way of finding out the diagnostics report from Cherry Creek Dodge, but it was clear to the other service center that both parts had needed replacing, but Cherry Creek Dodge had ignored one of them. This was a non-optional repair, which cost $600.
The customer service at Cherry Creek Dodge involved telling me that they had lost too much money on the sale and would not be giving me any further assistance. They misplaced an item that was in the advertisement and would not replace it, and they were dishonest with the repair that was indicated on the official sale document. I did not receive the product I paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cherry-Creek-Dodge/Denver-Colorado-80014/Cherry-Creek-Dodge-General-Manager-Chris-Staton-Cargo-Tray-and-repair-to-Check-Engine-lig-660479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cherry Creek Dodge