Complaint Review: Chesapeake Auto Buyers

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — LUSBY Maryland
Chesapeake Auto Buyers
7221 Grayburn Drive Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Chesapeake Auto Buyers Toyotafinders.com Stole money, kept the car, can't get in touch Glen Burnie Maryland

My story is sad but true. The owner of Chesapeak Auto Buyers took me. He is very slick. Stay away for your own sake run! He had a BMW that was in really great shape. I took a test drive, the car ran great. I told him I would think about it. A couple of days later, I called and made an offer of $5,000. He agreed, I told him that it would take a couple of day until the money was transfered into my account. He said, no problem, the car needed a current inspection, and he agreed to replace the muffler. He asked if I would give him a check and he would hold the check until I called him and then he would deliver the car.

Well, this is where things go bad. He promptly deposited the check into his account that very day! Once I saw that he deposited it, I called him and asked, what was going on. He started giving me excuse after excuxe. First he said, "I told the teller to hold it." Then he said, "I deposited it by accident." Then he said he didn't remember me telling him to hold the check. So I told him I didn't appreciate his shady dealings and asked him to refund the entire amount since I never took possession of the car. He said he would, but then he started getting nasty. I called and asked when we could get together, he said, he was busy on Monday morning, I said I would come Monday afternoon. That is when, he haughtily stated, you don't set my schedule! Well, I have continued to maintain friendly communications and tried to be gracious, but he is really trying my patience.

As of today, he has my money and the car. He claims he will refund my money tomorrow, I sure hope he does. But I can tell you he is very shady. I've read other reports and he takes people's money to transfer tags and title, but they wait for months without getting their new tags (probably spends the money). I don't know, but this guy probably has a gambling problem, he acts the part. He lies as easily as he breaths! He will rip you off if you deal with him. Just saying!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chesapeake-Auto-Buyers-/Glen-Burnie-Maryland-21061/Chesapeake-Auto-Buyers-Toyotafinderscom-Stole-money-kept-the-car-cant-get-in-touch-G-1070886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chesapeake Auto Buyers