- Report: #1003977
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Chevrolet
Chevrolet300 Renaissance Center Detroit, Michigan United States of America
Chevrolet General Motors Defective Vehicles, Poor Customer Service, Detroit, Michigan
*Consumer Comment: It's just you
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Instead of being a car that would provide me dependable service provided the maintenance schedule was adhered to (and I faithfully adhered to the maintenance schedule indeed), my 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT became not only a financial nightmare as far as repairs were concerned, my 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT became a source of the constant anxiety and fear I would experience. The nightmares began shortly after my Aveos bumper to bumper warranty ended.
In September 2012 right after I returned from a Labor Day weekend vacation in San Diego, the air conditioner in my Aveo began freezing up on me as the low pressure line iced up leading me to think there was a leak in the system. [continued below]....
I have contacted Chevrolet customer service not once but twice in writing only to get nowhere with their customer service representatives. In my first letter to Chevrolet on 29 October 2012 I asked Chevrolet to please consider covering the replacement of my compressor under the powertrain warranty, which was still in effect. A couple of weeks after my first letter I was contacted via telephone by Max of Chevrolet Customer Service; unfortunately, Maxs professionalism and demeanor fell way too short: Max constantly shouted and screamed at me, so much that I could not understand one word of what Max was saying other than the fact that Chevrolet would not be replacing my compressor under the powertrain warranty and the fact that Chevrolet would only pay $560 leaving me with a responsibility of $840.
In my second letter to Chevrolet on 19 November 2012 I explained that their offer of replacing the compressor for $840 was unacceptable. I also explained why my compressor should be covered under the powertrain warranty due to the fact that the compressor is driven by a series of belts connected to the engine, and that the failing bearings in the compressor were contributing to increased fuel consumption. A couple of weeks later I received a telephone call from Jean in Chevrolets Mediation Unit; the conversation was much more courteous and professional compared to what I experienced with Max. After a telephone conversation which lasted almost a half a hour, Jean told me that there was a major misunderstanding on the part of Chevrolet and that I would be liable for $560 for the compressor replacement. I accepted the offer and I immediately contacted Dimmitt Chevrolet to schedule a service appointment to have my compressor replaced. Due to the lead time involved in ordering the replacement compressor, my service was scheduled for Friday, 18 January 2013.
Unfortunately, this was not the case.
Just the day before I was supposed to bring my Chevrolet Aveo LT in for the new compressor, Chevrolet called me again. This time, it was not Jean in the Mediation Unit - instead, it was Chevrolet Customer Service, and another customer service representative whose name I could not understand. (It was not Max with Chevrolet Customer Service that I originally spoke with). Unfortunately, Chevrolet turned the tables on me negatively in that I would be responsible for $840 and that Chevrolet would contribute $560 towards the cost of a new a/c compressor for my Aveo.
Needless to say, I refused Chevrolet's offer. In fact, I was lied to by Chevrolet - I was under the impression that my out of pocket cost would be $560 as quoted by Jean in Chevrolet's Mediation Unit. I took that offer and made that appointment with Dimmitt Chevrolet and I was excited about getting this new a/c compressor. What made me so disappointed is that Chevrolet reneged on their word when I accepted their offer the day before I was supposed to bring in my Aveo to have the compressor replaced.
I ended up having the compressor work done by a St. Petersburg area auto repair shop, not Dimmitt Chevrolet. How Chevrolet customers like me are treated is not right on the part of Chevrolet or General Motors.
I feel that Chevrolet and General Motors did a major level of disservice to Chevrolet Aveo owners, especially the 2010 Aveo models. Why?
1. The Chevrolet Aveo LT was produced by a subsidiary of General Motors, Daewoo, in South Korea using parts that reportedly have fallen off from what I understand.
2. The Chevrolet Aveo LT I feel was constructed in a way that problems would arise right after the bumper to bumper warranty expired. Believe me, right after the warranty went out on my Aveo it was a financial nightmare waiting to happen as far as repairs were concerned.
3. Lack of availability of replacement parts for the 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT.
4. Auto repair shops who would not even touch a Chevrolet Aveo, steering me instead to the dealer for their overpriced parts and labor. Believe me, it has happened to me when I took my Aveo in for service, especially preventive maintenance.
5. The earlier Aveos from what I have heard have had major issues with timing belts breaking prematurely. According to the Maintenance Schedule for the 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT, timing belt replacement is mandated at 100,000 miles. Instead, Chevrolet tells its dealers to advise Aveo owners to change the timing belt at 60,000 miles. To further add insult to injury, Chevrolet weasels itself out of any warranty responsibility for the timing belt once it is replaced at their liking.
6. Chevrolets Customer Service Center unable and unwilling to provide assistance to Chevrolet Aveo owners. In fact, Chevrolet Aveo owners like me are treated like if we are a bother to them. The use of lies and deceit is way too common within Chevrolets Customer Service Center.
7. Chevrolet Aveos have been wrought with problems, even with the 2010 models.
In short: Think twice before you step foot onto a Chevrolet dealership!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chevrolet/Detroit-Michigan-48265/Chevrolet-General-Motors-Defective-Vehicles-Poor-Customer-Service-Detroit-Michigan-1003977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.