Complaint Review: Chevy Chase Bank

6143 Highbridge Road Bowie, Maryland United States of America
  • Phone: 3013521023
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chevy Chase Bank, A Division of Capital One I Was Discriminated! Bowie, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Im curious.....

*Consumer Comment: I don't think this is a case of discrimination..

The Bank Branch Manager, Barbara Scottland discriminated me.  I had a legal power of attorney to conduct affairs for both of my parents.  I needed to wire money to an overseas hospital as my father lay dying in it.  The manager refused to grant me access to the funds or follow her bank's procedures and fax my power of attorney to her legal department for review.  She acknowledged that one of the power attorney's had been notarized by her employee (who was standing 10 feet away) and in the very branch we were standing in about 1 month prior.  She did not refute that this was authentic or legal.

In fact, during branch hours, she put her coat on to leave even though she knew I had a life or death situation.  She refused to call her supervisor to escalate my issue.  I called and left David Wallace, her supervisor (VP), an emergency message.  He did not return my call for 22 hours.  The next day, I went to the other Bowie, MD branch and was treated respectfully.  They immediately faxed my power of attorney to their legal department and I was granted full access to all funds and account within 30 minutes.  The power of attorney is a legal instrument that Barbara Scottland refused to accept.  I escalated the issue up to SR. VP. Bob Brown.  I am unsure if he investigated the issue, although, I know the incident was video and audio taped.  Barbara Scottland continues to be the branch manager.  Why didn't Chevy Chase Bank fire or at least demote her?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2009 04:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chevy-Chase-Bank/Bowie-Maryland-20720/Chevy-Chase-Bank-A-Division-of-Capital-One-I-Was-Discriminated-Bowie-Maryland-503611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chevy Chase Bank

Im curious.....

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

Forgive me for asking....but your report isn't clear.

How exactly is it that this place discriminated against you?  You dont make that clear at all.  If you're gonna claim it...you should be able to at least elaborate on how.

I don't think this is a case of discrimination..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..as much as it is an employee not understanding the laws..or being held accountable.

However, since I was not there and don't know how you were treated, I guess you are the only person who can tell if it truly was discrimination..or simply ignorance/rudeness.