Complaint Review: Chiara Turbiglio

• Updated: Sat, April 07, 2012

• Reported By: Kris — Internet United States of America
Chiara Turbiglio
Corso Montevecchio 52 Torino, Select State/Province United States of America

Chiara Turbiglio HomemadeBags on Etsy Refused to refund $120 after I paid $50 in international shipping costs Torino, Italy

I'm out almost $200 for a stupid purse that I thought I wanted. I purchased what appeared to be a nice leather purse from Etsy from a buyer in Italy. It took almost a month to receive the bag - it required time to hand make the bag, and # weeks to ship from Italy to my home in the United States.

The bag was very very different from what had been described. The leather was different. The stitching was sloppy. And the straps on the bag were different from the photo.

I contacted HomemadeBags via Etsy, and she offered to send me a new strap but it would take some time as it was coming from Italy. By this point, almost 15 days had passed. I waited for a package and got nothing. At that point, the Christmas holiday happened, everyone went out of town, and this issue got silent.

I tried to continue contacting the seller on Etsy but I heard nothing back. Eventually I shipped the bag back to her and requested a partial refund (minus my shipping costs both ways). [continued below]....
..... I believe this was reasonable even though it cost me $50 in international shipping fees 2 days to have no purse at the end of the day.

I've seen that many others have had issues with Chiara Turbiglio on Etsy and online.  This is a small fish, I know, but I hope that this review comes up on Google and saves someone else $200 and a pain in the butt.  Good luck everyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2012 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chiara-Turbiglio/Torino-Select-StateProvince-10129/Chiara-Turbiglio-HomemadeBags-on-Etsy-Refused-to-refund-120-after-I-paid-50-in-internati-865141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chiara Turbiglio