Complaint Review: Chicago O'Hare Airport

• Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: Mingyu — College Park Maryland United States of America
Chicago O'Hare Airport
O'Hare Airport Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Chicago O'Hare Airport Operator of Pay Phone in Concourse H, Terminal 3 Pay phone charged on not connected call Chicago, Illinois

I'm a graduate candidate in University of Maryland. Weeks ago i payed a visit to one of my friends in University of Illinois, Champaign. Before i was about to get on board my flight, AA 810, from dock H12 in Concourse H, Terminal 3 on Aug 18, i noticed that my cellphone was missing. Plus my flight was delayed, I was too anxious at that time and my first thought was to use the public pay phone nearby to call my cell phone and see if it was left at my friend's.

Since i've heard about hiding extra charges on public phones before when i was back in China, i read EVERY single word printed on the stickers next to the phone, which says the charge will be $0.10 per minutes after it was connected. Then i used my credit card to make the call after finding NOTHING talks about the charge on UNCONNECTED calls.

I tried 5 times, none of them was connected. Later i was told that my friend was out for lunch at that time and didn't bring my cell phone with her. But yesterday when i was checking my credit card account, i was shocked. Thanks to these cunning people, for the first time i found that they will charge you $24.23 on EVERY SINGLE unconnected call. Thus i payed more than $120 that day on 5 unconnected calls. It's totally ridiculous!!!

I was not supposed to rip off the airport, but after hours of searching and scanning the webpages i found NO information of the operator of those public pay phones inside O'Hare Airport. So i have to rip off the airport together with this unknown phone operator, since surely there are some kind of contract between them and the airport website doesn't post any information about their public phone operator.

I don't want to spend too much time on this disgusting incident since i got a thesis need to work on. But i won't give up until i got my $121.15 charges refund and compensation on my time and energy it cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chicago-OHare-Airport/Chicago-Illinois-60666/Chicago-OHare-Airport-Operator-of-Pay-Phone-in-Concourse-H-Terminal-3-Pay-phone-charged-932831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chicago O'Hare Airport