Complaint Review: Child Protect services

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: Anon — California
Child Protect services
Chula Vista, California USA

Child Protect services Deanna Beck Cps was investigating my daughters abuse by her maternal grandfather and their mother preventing them from getting help or reporting the abuse.  Chula Vista California

Child Protect services Deanna Beck Cps was investigating my daughters abuse by her maternal grandfather and their mother preventing them from getting help or reporting the abuse. (Children disclosed my said not to call dad or he will call 911 on grandpa. During the course of the investigation it was said many times that it was a family court matter. I was told after the forensic interview that our daughters would be going home with me but they wanted to talk to the mother first. I was later told that Deanna Beck had changed her mind. I later learned that the mother had agreed to do a control call with the police to her father. The mother went home, called the brother with whom the father was residing(out of state) and told him what she had agreed to do. The brother said he would talk to his father and get him a lawyer. During this time it had come to my attenction that the perputrators wife whom was residing in the same house as our daughters had never been interviewed. I brought this to the attention of Deana Beck. It made no sense with three adults living in a two bedroom apartment and only one adult was interviewed. Mrs. Beck then told me if they had to take my daughters away from their mother they would be put in foster care, did I want that to happend? Mrs. Beck said this two times during the course of the conversation. I reported it to the Manager, whom said that doesn't make sense, that I was the protective parent.

Deanna Beck later said in a TDM that it was policy when a child is taken away from a parent they are put in foster care. I have found out this is not true, the child is put with a safe parent or relative if one is available.It was also reported to the ombudsman. CPS at first sent the wrong recommendation to court. Cps fixed it and sent the recommendation that I, the protective parent get full custody. The judge declined to follow the recommendation and ordered at my request further mediation witht he mediator allowed to talk to whomever she wanted to. Medation recommended fullt custody. The judge declined to follow both recommendation.

After the case was closed I filed two complaints. The one against Deanna Beck was found to be partially conclusive. The second one was about the investiagtion itself. I recieved a letter saying some of the policy and procedures were not followed. They would not tell me which ones. There was 13 pages written in the complaint referenceing the CPS report (100 pages) Chula Vista California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Child-Protect-services/Chula-Vista-California/Child-Protect-services-Deanna-Beck-Cps-was-investigating-my-daughters-abuse-by-her-matern-1123581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Child Protect services