Complaint Review: Child Protective Services & Child Welfare Services

• Updated: Sat, October 15, 2011

• Reported By: Scott — Petaluma California United States of America
Child Protective Services & Child Welfare Services
1747 Copperhill Parkway Santa Rosa, California United States of America

Child Protective Services & Child Welfare Services Human Services Department 15 year old son kidnapped by incompetent government agency!!! C.P.S. Sonoma County, Ca. Santa Rosa, California

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your problems, but

I was having trouble with my 15 year old son. He wanted to physically fight with me every time I asked him to do anything. To prevent either one of us from being hurt, I called police to try to calm him down. This happened many times and once the police took him to juvenile hall for leaving marks on me.

I didn't want him to stay there. He has emotional and learning disabilities but, he is not a criminal so I didn't want him to be around those kids...he doesn't do drugs or drink or gangbang, etc.

He came home with the same attitude and attacked me again and followed me into my room. I pushed him out into the hallway to stop him. He called the police and they came. He told them I hurt him but they found that to be untrue. Then he told them, "I don't feel safe." They took him to Valley Of The Moon Childrens Home and...he has been there for seven months now and C.P.S. has done nothing but try to make me look and feel like a bad parent. I know I didn't do anything illegal and we have a nice home and if anything, I'm the one who didn't feel safe.

So now, I've been getting him every weekend for months now and I know he has learned that he has to go by the rules and he is eager to come homew and I want him here too. They had one worker who never contacted me or returned calls when I left messages for her and when she finally did she based most of her report on one conversation and twisted and in some cases simply made up things. Very incompetent.

They got rid of her but my son is still in their clutches and I want him home. I'm an innocent victim!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Child-Protective-Services-Child-Welfare-Services/Santa-Rosa-California-95402/Child-Protective-Services-Child-Welfare-Services-Human-Services-Department-15-year-old-789225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Child Protective Services & Child Welfare Services

Sorry for your problems, but

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

it seems your son is totally out of control and something had to be done. Sooner or later you could have been seriously injured or worse.  If action wasn't taken by C.P.S., they would then be blamed by you and others for ignoring this volatile situation.

It's difficult to have a child taken for any reason, but he WASN'T kidnapped by anybody.

Kidnapping is a Federal felony punishable by serious prison time.

I hope, eventually, things can be worked out, but this problem would appear to be serious and escalating.  C.P.S. may have done both of you a favor.

I'm NOT unsympathetic to your problem, but this is the way I see it.