Complaint Review: Child Protective Services

• Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Calvin — copperas cove Texas United States of America
Child Protective Services
317 Casa Drive Copperas Cove, Texas United States of America

Child Protective Services TXDFPS,CPS,TXCPS,Texas Department of Family and Protective Services My daughter was taken at birth by Texas Child Protective Services for no reason and 3 years later i am still trying to get her back copperas cove, Texas Copperas Cove, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Rally Against CPS

Hello my name is Calvin and Texas Child Protective Services has ruined my life for going on 3 years.

It started June 6th 2009 when my daughter Abigail was born at the Kings Daughters Hospital in Temple, Texas. The following day 6/10/09 we were getting ready to put our daughter in the new car seat that I felt so proud of buying for her. and the hospital said my girlfriend Jennifer could no longer breast feed our daughter and the nurse would not explain why.

Two hours later 2 ladies entered the hospital room claiming to be investigators for Coryell  County C.P.S. and started asking us lots of questions about drugs and when the last time we had both used them. This took us both by surprise. (Neither one of us are SAINTS we have both had our dealings with drugs in the past)C. [continued below]....
.....P.S. then told us Jennifer and the baby had come up positive for meth-amphetamines. I got very angry at Jennifer at that point and asked if I could take my daughter to Austin to my mothers house. They said that was fine as long as i could pass their drug test and I said where do you want me to pee.

Come to find out they had both had forgotten some part for reading their drug test(Key). So they said to go down to the emergency room and the nurse down there would give me a drug test. One hour later we were given the results a 21 panel drug screen had come up negative all the way across the board. About an hour after that they told us they were going to put our daughter in foster care because I had problems with drugs in the past.Needless to say the Hospital charged me $653.00 for the drug test that C.P.S. had promised me that if I passed it I could take my daughter home.

One month later the Hospital informed us we could come pick up a copy of the birth drug test. JENNIFER AND MY DAUGHTER HAD BOTH COME UP NEGATIVE ON ALL TEST AT BIRTH. When we informed C.P.S. of this they didn't believe us. I guess they thought we had forged the hospital test report or something. We have been fighting Coryell County C.P.S. for three years the whole time every three to six months we have had to appear in court and go through the pain of these people trying to take our parental rights away.

Two weeks ago on 6/15/12  C.P.S. tried for a final time to take our Parental Rights away. Although they failed to do so we still don't have our daughter. We have been represented by court pointed lawyers for they whole case who really don't seem to care winning or losing its all just a job to them.

Today 6/27/12 we decided to meet with a real lawyer who told us we got royally screwed. In our final order we were given no visitation with our daughter(even though we are supposed to pay child support)He also informed us we only have until 7/15/12 to appeal the courts decision or we have to wait ONE YEAR to file a motion to modify the decision. I don't know if I can wait another year to have my daughter. We had a swimming pool party for my daughter Abigail on 6/9/12 which was the last time I got to see her and when it was time for her to go she wanted to go home with us so bad she threw a fit.

Can anyone please help me out . I don't know what to do. We have proved in court CPS has lied in several court documents,all 4 CPS workers including the 2 investigators have been fired or no longer work for CPS that worked on our case, and they ha no legal right to take or daughter at birth. I ONLY HAVE  TWO WEEKS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Child-Protective-Services/Copperas-Cove-Texas-76522/Child-Protective-Services-TXDFPSCPSTXCPSTexas-Department-of-Family-and-Protective-Servi-906683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Child Protective Services

Rally Against CPS

AUTHOR: Marie - ()

League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) will be having a rally to help families who suffer from the abusive activities of CPS. LULAC helps individuals and families who are experiencing civil rights violations within judicial, criminal and social administrators. We are asking for anyone who has experienced abusive acts by CPS to attend this rally and get informed about your civil rights.

Join us to stop the abuse of power by CPS.

Rally Details

Rally will be on Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Rally begins at 7:30 am to 10:00 am

At the Cadena-Reeves Courthouse

300 Dolorosa, San Antonio, Texas 78205

(back entrance at the corner of Nueva St. and So. Flores)

(((email redacted)))