recommendations

• Submitted: Tue, September 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 19, 2012

• Reported By:salinas California
Child Protective Services
1000 South Main St, Suite 112 Salinas, California U.S.A.

C.P.S child Protective Services NO MATTER HOW MUCH I COMPLY WITH C.P.S MY WORKER WONT GIVE ME A CHANCE!! Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Help

*Consumer Comment: Native

*Consumer Suggestion: SUGGESTION for American Native Parent~

MY 2 YOUNGER CHILDREN WERE PLACED IN MY OLDEST DAUGHTER'S CARE WHOM IS ONLY 21YRS OLD, I HAVE TAKEN NUMEROUS DRUG TEST'S WHICH HAVE ALL CAME BACK CLEAN. I HAVE EVEN AGREED AND HAVE TAKEN TWO HAIR FOLICOL DRUG TEST'S WHICH IS NOT MADATORY FOR ME TO TAKE DUE TO MY HERITAGE WHICH IS AMERICAN INDIAN... BUT NO MATTER WHAT I DO OR HOW MUCH I PROVE TO THE C.P.S WORKER IM NOT GETTING ANY WHERE... THE WORKER DOESNT GIVE ME PROPER NOTICE IN REGARDS TO COURT DATES HE SENDS OUT CERTIFIED LETTERS TO ME A DAY IN ADVANCED WHICH ISNT ADIQUIT TIME FOR ME TO ASK FOR THAT DAY OFF OF WORK , NOT ONLY THAT WHEN I DONT SHOW UP HE TELLS THE JUDGE THAT IM NOT THERE BECAUSE IM NOT SERIOUS OR IM JUST IRRESPONSIBLE AND DONT WANT MY CHILDREN BACK.. I REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE I DO HAVE PROOF ABOUT THE CERTIFIED LETTERS HE SENDS OUT IT IS DATED ALL I JUST DONT NO WHERE TO START OR WHO TO TALK TO IN REGARDS TO GETTING ALL THIS RESOLVED IN THE PROPER MANNER.... THANK U FOR YOUR TIME

Shannonhyde
salinas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2008 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Child-Protective-Services/Salinas-California-93905/CPS-child-Protective-Services-NO-MATTER-HOW-MUCH-I-COMPLY-WITH-CPS-MY-WORKER-WONT-GIVE-375249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Child Protective Services

Help

AUTHOR: Mind Blowing - (United States of America)

I am dealing with this Agency right now I see your case is older but I am praying things are good now for you...  I just needed support as I am dealing with them now but it is regarding my four month old Grandson this agency has demonized me and I stepped up to take him and they lied Natividad hospital lied and I just wanted to see if you were able to get legal help?

Please reply I have been searching for someone who had a bad experience with them as it appears there is no help in site..

Native

AUTHOR: MomFromSD - (United States of America)

This isn't exactly a "rebuttal", but whatever. My options were limited. First, CPS does not do hair follicle tests. What do you mean doing hair follicle tests are not mandatory because of your heritage? That doesn't make sense.

First and foremost, if you feel like your rights are being violated you NEED to talk to your tribe. Your children CANNOT be removed from your care, and continue to be out of your care, without CPS properly noticing your tribe. Each tribe has an ICWA (Indian Child Welfare Act) representative. They will address the issue. If your tribe is NOT involved, then 1.) CPS failed to notice the tribe or 2.) you are not really Native.

I don't know the details of your case, which is fine. But, you need to keep in contact with your attorney and your tribe. Have regular contact with your children.

This must be a lot to handle, but at the same time try to stay positive. There are several parents with children in the care of people they have never met. In this case, your children are with your daughter. If you have a problem with your daughter, that would lead one to question how your daughter was parented to lead to that problem.

Good luck.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

SUGGESTION for American Native Parent~

AUTHOR: Mummie - (U.S.A.)

Dear Native~

Once I contacted a place for Natives, with Attorneys and Counsel, and they write letters and make phone calls, etc..

Please find this same place. I called my nearest reservation, and they told me. I wish I had the letterhead to read you name and address.

You have RIGHTS and you are victiming-out. CPS are HORRIBLE LOSERS, they never seem to do what is right, and they grab ahold of anyone weak and trample them, while they ABET FELONIES against our precious children.

Maybe somewhere they are doing a good job, but NOT in Salinas, Calif!! I myself am searching for means to begin class-action lawsuit, so keep your eyes and ears open, because this will be EXOSED prayerfully this year and next, 2008-2009

May they be torn apart, disbanded, disgraced appropriately, fired, lost and never heard from again.

We need COMMUNITY HELPERS , not some sadistic, perverted, family-wreckers agency, who lie, and ruin those they can, while they ignore and debase, those who do need their help.. if they could, they cannot, I have discovered, it just became way too apparent, they plain ole bite.

Lost souls. Really really far from "Help". Hey..how many CPS workers will be in our Heaven?? Let the children speak!! Let them TELL what CPS have done to them!!
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC