Complaint Review: Chimney Cricket

• Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: Hala — Livonia Michigan United States of America
Chimney Cricket
32551 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia Mi 48150 Internet United States of America

Chimney Cricket Dug a hold in back yard thru my family room and were unable to complete the job Internet

After several issues with this Company and their sales people I tried to work out the problems I was having with them.  I started this project with them in early November 2012.  After many disputes with them on installing a mantel and converting my wood fireplace to gas we tried to work out a resolution. I had them come out to only install the gas line.  I took a day off of work to be there.  The first guy came out and told me he didn't know where to run the gas line.  He called the sales rep to figure out a solution.  We came up with one that involved digging in my back yard and drilling a hold thru my family room. I was promised this would be completed by December 19th.  They again came out on a Saturday which was another wasted day.  Two more guy's came out and didn't have the right material to do the job.  They spent more time at the Home Depot than doing the work.  After several trips to get the material they were not still not able to complete the job.  They left my house stating they needed to run out to get supplies and they never returned that day.  In the meantime they left me with an exposed hole in my family room wall and did nothing to over it.  I contacted the owner of the Company, Jon Cerritto, who did nothing to assist me.  I was so disgusted and frustrated at this point and needed them to finish the job that I was willing to have them come back out to finish the job.  They rescheduled again and promised to finish the job.  When I called them on the scheduled time the office stated to me we can't come out today and wanted to reschedule( I again took another day off work).  So I refused.  Now I am trying to have someone more reputable come out and finish the job they screwed up on. This company never told me they hire the work out and do not use their own employees.  I left a $1200.00 deposit for work they were not qualified to do and I would never let this Company back into my house for any reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chimney-Cricket/internet/Chimney-Cricket-Dug-a-hold-in-back-yard-thru-my-family-room-and-were-unable-to-complete-t-987075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chimney Cricket