Complaint Review: Chimney Man

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:Redmond Washington
Chimney Man
. Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Chimney Man Abandoned Job Halfway After Making Woodstove Unusable Bellevue Washington

In late October, we made an appointment with this company to have the chimney of our woodstove cleaned. The technician appeared and did the job halfway, and then said he would need to have another person come out to help him. We made an appointment for that Friday. On Friday he did not appear or respond to phone calls.

After two weeks had passed, I did succeed in reaching him by phone. He asked me to call (888) 234-4050 and tell them that he needed someone to help him in order to complete the job. I called and was told that the situation would be taken care of.

After another two days had passed, I called and spoke to Marcella who said she would take care of it and asked me to call back the next day if I did not hear from the technician. I called the next day to say I had not received a call from the technician and when I asked for Marcella, was told she was on another line and that she would call me back.

That's the last I've heard from this company. We can't use our stove, which is our primary winter heat, because we don't know what the technician has left to do and whether or not it's safe to use. Today when I called the company, there was no answer.

Cat
Redmond, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chimney-Man/Redmond-Washington-98052/Chimney-Man-Abandoned-Job-Halfway-After-Making-Woodstove-Unusable-Bellevue-Washington-396599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chimney Man