Complaint Review: Chipio Windshield Repair

• Reported By: RedShirt — Navarre Florida
Chipio Windshield Repair
Hurlburt Field AFB , Florida USA

Chipio Windshield Repair Winshield Repair Crack Chip Chipio Mary Esther Florida

On ( 10-03-13) at Hurlburt Field AFB in Florida I had a sales rep come up to my car and tell me I had 3 chips in my windshield and I could have it repaired for free. The sales reps harass you the second you step out of the car every time you go there. They told me that the work is guaranteed. I was reluctant but they talked me into it. I drove over and after waiting for them to get ahold of geico I was handed the phone. As I was on the phone they were then telling me to tell them that the chips happened today. I was never even shown the chips so how am I to know when they occurred. The representative got the okay and then went to work on my windshield.

Once finished he claimed everything was good and walked away. Once On my drive home I noticed what looked to be a hole on the windshield. After I got home I got out an not only was there a new chip that I could actually see there were two other little ones. I thought the point was to repair them. I was going out of town the next day and it was already too late to return back to Hurlburt which is a 30 minute drive each way without traffic. I returned today (10-10-13) and took the car in and was told by the manager that this new hole was not cosmetic but a structural issue!

The hole that was put there by your employee that was too busy joking around (and screaming in Spanish at the Geico employee while laughing hysterically) than to fix my car properly. They could only fill it in, they could not repair it. I was told Florida (free winshield replacment in the state) will replace the windshield for free but it would not be free for me. My front windshield has a strip of tint on it, so if I get the windshield replace I now have to replace my tint too. Now they scraped my car again today (10-10-13), added yet another mark to the windshield and did absolutely nothing to the hole that is there as well as the two other ones.

What is worse is that while your employees had me on the phone talking to geico again they proceeded to spray my car with every chemical they could get their hands on without even asking me.

So your service that is SUPPOSED to be free and guaranteed is neither. You have now cost me an unknown amount to get my tint replaced as well as the time it will take to have it done. I will be forwarding this message to AAFES and the BBB and anyone else that will listen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chipio-Windshield-Repair/Florida-32544/Chipio-Windshield-Repair-Winshield-Repair-Crack-Chip-Chipio-Mary-Esther-Florida-1092482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chipio Windshield Repair