Complaint Review: Chocolate Velvet Fountains

• Submitted: Thu, January 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Chocolate Velvet Fountains
64 Jules Drive Staten Island, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 718-698-0888
  • Web:
  • Category: Caterers

Chocolate Velvet Fountains RIPOFF CON ARTIST!! Staten Island New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Chocolate Velvet Fountains Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Who is "Seymore of Brooklyn"?

DO NOT TRUST!!!!chocolatevelvetfountains.com.....aka Chocolate Velvet Fountains. I had them set for my wedding at Leonard's and I had a horrible experience. When I first spoke to that guy Ken Serulneck he told me he was an approved caterer for Leonards with ALL of the licenses and insurance needed for my event. Anyway, I sent him a deposit for $200..... Once he spoke to Leonard's he realized he was not allowed to enter the premises. Leonards told me that he did not have the appropriate licenses or insurance to serve at their place.

Ken called me back telling me how my deposit is non-refundable since HE is unable to work at Leonard's of Great Neck. Therefore Ken Serulneck lied to me and told me he had done many events at Leonard's. Truth is he seems to be a con-artist. I would go with another Chocolate Fountain vendor. I used www.divaliciouschocolate.com and they were GREAT!!!!
Guys Be careful who you do business with.

Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2007 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chocolate-Velvet-Fountains/Staten-Island-New-York-10314/Chocolate-Velvet-Fountains-RIPOFF-CON-ARTIST-Staten-Island-New-York-229995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chocolate Velvet Fountains

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Chocolate Velvet Fountains Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Chocolate Velvet Fountains - (United States of America)

In the last 8 years my company has had 2 (friveleous) complaints. During this time we have completed over 1,500 jobs successfuly. The first complaint is dated 01/11/2007. The sales person at Leonards lied to Seymore.

The salesman told Seymore and me that Leonards would not allow us to do the job. The salesman had his own agenda and reasons. My company has done, and will continue to do events at Leonards and  we are fully insured. It was up to Seymore to verify the truth not me. Our contract specificly states that deposits are not refundable. However, It is my policy to make all refunds. In this case it was Seymore's responsibility to go to the salesman's manager or to the owner of Leonards to find out the truth. Which he should have done before hiring my company.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Who is "Seymore of Brooklyn"?

AUTHOR: Ken Serulneck - (U.S.A.)

Here in America an accused is intitled to know who is accusing him.
My name, my companies name, address and telephone numbers appear in this report.

This report is a year old. I just learned of it.

Why has "Seymore of Brooklyn" not taken me to small claims court?

I certainly would like to know his full name and address so I can look into my legal

Does this web site publish unsubstantiated untruths, from anonymous people?
Looks like it does.