Complaint Review: Chocolate Velvet Fountains

• Submitted: Wed, August 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By:New York New York
Chocolate Velvet Fountains
64 Jules Drive Staten Island, New York U.S.A.

Chocolate Velvet Fountains The most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. He RUINED MY WEDDING! Staten Island New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Chocolate Velvet Fountains Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hundreds of satisfied customers can't be wrong.

This is the most unprofessional company that I have ever dealt with. Ken was a jerk to deal with, and then the Tuesday before my wedding, he told me that he wasn't going to show up at my wedding. I had booked him months prior, and 4 days beforehand, he backed out!!!

The first red flag with this company is that he didn't sign his contract. That was shady. The next red flag was when he told me to make the check out to him personally, as opposed to the company name.

The last straw was when he called me 4 days before my wedding to tell me that he wasn't going to come to my wedding. At this point, it was too late to book a different company. And to make matters worse, I had told all of my friends and family that I was going to be having a chocolate fountain at the wedding. So I looked like an a-hole when there wasn't one there!!!

BEWARE!!! Do NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY!!! HE WILL SCREW YOU TOO!!!

Bride
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chocolate-Velvet-Fountains/Staten-Island-New-York-10314/Chocolate-Velvet-Fountains-The-most-unprofessional-company-I-have-ever-dealt-with-He-RUI-367511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chocolate Velvet Fountains

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Chocolate Velvet Fountains Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Chocolate Velvet Fountains - (United States of America)

This complaint is dated 08/27/2008. In the last 8 years my company has done over 1,500 jobs successfuly and to all our customers satisfaction. This "bride"  neglects to state that her father gave me a bad check. He waited a few days before the wedding when he wanted to pay for our services with another check. It is my policy not to do business with people that pay with bad checks, especially a few days before an event. There are many other companies doing the same thing that we do and the "bride" could have hired one of them if she had the money to do so. The "bride" doth protest to much.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hundreds of satisfied customers can't be wrong.

AUTHOR: Small Business Owner - (U.S.A.)

My company does hundreds of jobs every year. I am in business to do jobs. I don't make any money not doing them. I recall not doing one wedding job quite a while ago. There was a valid reason for this. Unfortunatly this compaint has not given me enough information for me to tell if this was the event that I remember.
What was the date of the wedding? Was there a deposit and balance sent to me on time? Was a deposit sent to me and was it returned?
One anonymous crank a year, when we have done hundreds of jobs in that time is not to bad.

formal