Complaint Review: Choice 1 Home Cleaning Services

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: RhodeIslandResident — Rhode Island
Choice 1 Home Cleaning Services
1339 Plainfield St., Unit 2 Johnston, Rhode Island USA

Choice 1 Home Cleaning Services AKA Jason Tammelleo Dishonest Cleaning Company Screws Over Employees, Doesn't Pay Taxes, Leaves Workers Screwed At Tax Time Johnston Rhode Island

Choice 1 Cleaning hires you and makes you sign a form that is filed with the state listing you as an independent cleaning contractor when you are really his employee.  This is actually against the law since you cannot list an employee as an independent contractor just to get out of paying payroll taxes.  An independent contractor must work on his own schedule, use his own equipment and not be told how to do the work or when to do it.  Choice 1 Cleaning controls every aspect of the work you do for them by making you use their company cars, their equipment and supplies to telling you who you will work with and when.  All this is a violation of an independent contractor relationship and the state of RI  told me it makes me an employee NOT an independent contractor.  As an employee I am entitled to have payments made on my behalf to social security and medicare and be covered by workers compensation insurance.

Choice 1 Cleaning and the company owner Jason Tammelleo screws over their workers by falsely listing us independent contractors when we are actually employees.  At tax time he gets to walk away owing nothing while we are all on the hook to pay self-employment taxes!!  I contacted the Rhode Island Dept. of Labor about this and I was told that what Jason is doing is illegal.   Why should he get to pocket all this cash while we, the idiots who work our fingers to the bone for him, wind up on the hook to pay double?!?  I filed a report with both the RI Dept. of Labor and the IRS.  I received a letter from the IRS telling me that they are investigating Jason Tammelleo’s business practices after receiving my complaint and I hope they shut him down! The guy I spoke to from the state of RI said they are going to be in big trouble not only for listing us wrongly as contractors but also for not having us covered by workers comp.  He said this is the biggest racket that cleaning services try to get away with so they can pocket all the money that should have been paid out in taxes and insurance.

To make matters worse at the end of the day you are not even making minimum wage since Choice 1 Cleaning pays by the house and doesn’t pay you for the time spent traveling to the houses.  Choice 1 Cleaning cannot be allowed to continue to screw over us hard working girls just so he can line his pocket with the money we make for him!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2014 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-1-Home-Cleaning-Services/Johnston-Rhode-Island-02919/Choice-1-Home-Cleaning-Services-AKA-Jason-Tammelleo-Dishonest-Cleaning-Company-Screws-Over-1116783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice 1 Home Cleaning Services