- Report: #774153
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Choice Business Services
Choice Business ServicesWyoming corporation Elgin, Arizona United States of America
Choice Business Services aka My Choice Business Services Credit Card Processing Scam Elgin, Arizona
*Consumer Comment: EFC, MY CHOICE, FIDELITY MERCHANT SOLUTIONS SCAMMERS
*Consumer Comment: New Scams, Same company...possibly AKA .. Big Action Media
*Consumer Comment: Places to file complaints!
*General Comment: BEWARE - Rest of the Company Names
*Author of original report: Thanks for the Verification
*Consumer Comment: You are 100% right!
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
520-455-3710: Telephone Number on Caller ID
520-423-5388: Telephone Number given as "Office Number"
888-807-7740: Telephone Number given as "Customer Service"
Phoenix, AZ: the city/state I was told their call center is located
Elgin, AZ: the city/state shown on Caller ID (near Tucson, AZ and in Tucson area code)
Cheyenne, WY: the city/state the website lists as "contact" location
Telemarketer Names Given: Aaron Anderson, Pierre Peters and Tyler Mason
firstname.lastname@example.org: the only email address given despite repeated requests ("Pierre" advised he had to use a gmail address to get email on his smartphone).
This is a fast-talking group of telemarketers trying to get anywhere from $195 to $495 for you to obtain an "Affiliate ID" number that will allow you to sell their credit card processing services. They claim to be in business since 1986, but that could not be verified after extensive research.
An assortment of telemarketing pressure tactics and promises were used to have me pay money on the spot, through a credit card. This includes being passed to 3 different person within 45 minutes. The first qualified, the second used information spiels and a buddy/buddy approach The third used intimidation tactics.
What they want you to do:
1) Pay money to become an "Affiliate ID" holder ($195 - $495)
2) As an "Affiliate ID" holder you can market their credit card processing services to businesses.
3) Provide them with Names and telephone numbers for small/medium size businesses
4) They will call the businesses and sell them services
What they claim they will do for you:
1) Train you and give you a business coach
2) Set you up with a corporate website login
3) Provide you with a website
4) "Put you on the payroll" (but you will be a 1099 contractor)
5) Pay $500 for every credit card process machine installed, plus 1% ongoing residuals
6) Make you an exclusive agent within a 75 mile radius of your zip code
At first this sounded pretty good (perhaps because I wanted it to), but in short order I realized this was a scam to get my money and credit card information.
I did a fast search while I was on the phone with them and noticed a number of references to a company called "Economic Freedom Corp". There were some very negative reports on EFC and that they closed their doors and became My Choice Business Services aka Choice Business Services aka CBS. The last person I spoke with (Tyler Mason) denied any affiliation, but quickly became indignant after I mentioned this and said "thanks for wasting my time".
I suggest steering clear of this company. Their idiotic claims and references to give themselves credibility can't be justified, but they expect you to buy their lines and give them your money. It's my guess that all your buying is heartache and hot air.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Business-Services/Elgin-Arizona-85611/Choice-Business-Services-aka-My-Choice-Business-Services-Credit-Card-Processing-Scam-Elgi-774153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.