Complaint Review: Choice Fitness Repair

• Reported By: Dissatisfied — Toronto Ontario
Choice Fitness Repair
1 Steinway blvd -Unit 16 Etobicoke, Ontario Canada

Choice Fitness Repair - Kevin Oye Complaint/Review: Etobicoke Ontario

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: in response

*Author of original report: Choice Fitness Repair and Kevin Oye- Fake Company

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not a Fake company

Complaint/Review:  Choice Fitness Repair - Kevin Oye

I needed my treadmill fixed.  I stumbled upon choicefitnessrepair.com so I emailed Kevin Oye from Choice Fitness Repair to see if he could help. His initial charge was $75+hst and a possible return charge of $45+hst if required (get parts and install/repair). He came to my home and indicated that it was a problem with the control board.  I noticed that the control board was taken out by Kevin Oye and not put back in.  He left the treadmill in a fair amount of disarray.

He said he would look up the exact part number of the control board that would need to be replaced and that he would email afterwards so that I could order it afterwards.  I didn't receive any information from Kevin Oye over the next few days.  I then emailed him to find out the status of the part number.  I would eventually get a reply but it sounded like an excuse.  I still needed the part number.  I eventually tracked down the part number and was prepared to order it.  I then contacted Kevin Oye about doing the repair with the hope that he could finish the repair.  We then exchanged emails for several weeks (which turned into months) with Kevin Oye providing various other excuses why he couldn't come back to do the repair.

What self-employed business owner fails to follow-up with a customer who is willing to pay him more money to do the work that he is in the business of doing? I paid him in cash on the spot and it is possible for someone to make a decent living ripping people off by performing a "diagnosis" and taking off with their money.  I'm betting I'm also likely not that lucky to be the only person ever that has had emails ignored by Kevin Oye from choicefitnessrepair after the 'diagnosis' was paid for.  I also suspect that I'm not the only person who has been strung along by his numerous excuses.

I work nearby to the address listed on the Choice Fitness Repair website.  I went there to talk to Kevin Oye and guess what?  There was no such office listed at that address!!

Don't get ripped off from Kevin Oye from Choice Fitness Repair.  Choice Fitness Repair is a FAKE company in which Kevin Oye provides a misleading website, office address, and repair services.  Don't believe the service or the warranty that he claims to provide on his website.  He is dishonest and unreliable.  Be aware of this company and Kevin Oye!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Fitness-Repair/Etobicoke-Ontario-M9W-5S9/Choice-Fitness-Repair-Kevin-Oye-ComplaintReview-Etobicoke-Ontario-1154982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Fitness Repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

in response

AUTHOR: KO - ()

the unit is in the back and up the stairs.  if you would look you would find it. Also...I dont know who you are since I do not get these complaints.....not because I do.  I have been in the industry for over 10 years, and have had 2 issues this whole time.  I think that is not bad considering. Have some balls...and email me and let me know who you are. Maybe this can be discussed.  If the board was available. I probably told you to order it.

Choice Fitness Repair and Kevin Oye- Fake Company

AUTHOR: Dissatisfied - ()

Wow.  You've ripped off so many individuals that you're not certain who I am.  The manufacturer had the board.  You provided numerous excuses, wasted my time, and then disappeared.  I required the services of another repair company to complete the job and who didn't rip me off.

By the way, these are photos of your "office".  These are pictures taken today.  There is no office at the address listed on your website or other sites in which you've advertised.  No one at 1 Steinway has even heard of you.  You are a fake business ripping off people.

Avoid Choice Fitness Repair and Kevin Oye!  Don't get ripped off by him!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not a Fake company

AUTHOR: Kevin - ()

If you would search the unit, there is an office upstairs.

I cant help you unless I know who you are.  I am thinking that the part is not available anymore, and I told you this so now you are bitter, when there is nothing I can do about it.