Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Reported By: KC-HVAC — Kansas City, Missouri United States of America
Choice Home Warranty
510 Thornall St., Ste. 370 Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Choice Home Warranty WON'T PAY CLAIMS Edison, New Jersey

I purchased a 3 year contract and provided proof as directed that I was seamlessly moving from one warranty company to Choice Home Warranty to indicate my home has been under a warranty plan all along.  I had one minor circuit breaker issue that they did cover; however, when we ran into a more expensive issue, they have 'clammed up tight'. I can't get anyone to answer emails or phone calls.  In fact, when I call there is a recording that they are "updating their systems and will be back up within 48 hours".  That was 4 days ago and it is still playing.

When I purchased my house I had the HVAC system professionally inspected, the duct work cleaned, and hired another mechanical company to come to check out the system, clean the A-coil, etc.  Then, during the next 2 years I had to have HVAC warranty work 5 times.  Each time there was another part needing replaced.  The repair company said it is just the age of the unit and nothing else.  Each time they noted their bills with a comment about all systems check and are okay.  I'd ask if anything else needed to be done at each incident and they responded they checked out the whole system and everything is okay.  There was nothing to maintain or foresee at each time and the unit was operational and they made sure it was maintained.

Now, with the new company, one of the last parts NOT previously replaced is in dispute, and of course, more expensive.  I need a compressor according to 2 different servicemen sent out by Choice Home Warranty.  However, Choice says my unit was not properly maintained so they won't cover it.  The previous HVAC company has written them a statement that is was, along with the 2 servicemen that Choice sent out.  I have provided copies of all pro-active bills for cleaning, inspection, etc. when the home was purchased 2 years ago along with every bill showing the previous warranty work and that company's A-OK upon completion.  Since I've sent all the documentation I cannot get anyone to respond.  It is now 4/28/11 and this problem started on 4/6/11.

I have since seen too much on-line from others to determine this is their mode of operation.  Promise everything and give nothing.  They are scamming people.  I believe they try to get out of paying and when you can absolutely prove that they should---, they shut up and stop all communications.  I have paid them $966 for nothing!  It looks like I'm going to have to cover the repairs myself.

They don't know the fight I have in me though.  I think we need a class action law suit to drum them out of business and try to recoup some of our money.  They are currently actively advertising on-line that one can save 15 to 25% off their policies.  They also market that they have a 24/7 customer service line.  That's an out and out lie!   They do...with a recording that gets you nowhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2011 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837-2204/Choice-Home-Warranty-WONT-PAY-CLAIMS-Edison-New-Jersey-723043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty