Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Reported By: Linda — Pass Christian Mississippi United States of America
Choice Home Warranty
510 Thornall Street Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Choice Home Warranty Bold Face Liars Edison, New Jersey

When we signed up with Choice Home Warranty the gentleman was very courteous and professional (of course).  5 months later we make our first claim on 8/31/2012, the a/c unit went out.  Our living quarters are split from the kitchen/living area and bedroom.  The bedroom unit is out.  The service repair man that came out, 9/3/2012 advised us that yes he signed up with Choice but does not like the way they treat the customers.  He stated they never like to pay for ANY of the claims.  I wish I had known this before I joined.

The service repair man submitted all the necessary information to the warranty company.  I did more research online and came to discover that in the last few months this company has had over 180 complaints.  My heart sank because I knew this was going to be bad.

Sure enough, driving home to a HOT house, my phone rang.  It's Choice Home Warranty telling what I had suspected from reading some of the complaints.  They advised they could not cover my unit because we have more than one unit and it's to their sole discretion not to cover the 1st unit that breaks.  Well I'll be dog on!!  What??? I advised the service guy, I wasn't calling about the other units, just the one that's not operational.  I spoke with the supervisor and he advised the same thing.  Now you think they'd want to keep customers by being loyal (as they state) repairing the unit, and sure enough I would have signed up for years to come.

After going back and forth, I asked to cancel my coverage and requested a refund.  Well after reading the complaints, it didn't surprise me that they would deduct all types of fees for canceling.  They are supposed to be refunding me less than 1/2 of what I paid.  I advised the rep and the supervisor, they are liars and don't hold up to their agreements.  I advised them I would file a complaint with the attorney generals office and he told me good luck because they are the ones that approved it.

So typical of a company that think they can just screw innocent, hard working, reliable, responsible people out of their hard earned money.  I will be filing a complaint and I pray that one day someone will sue the crap out of this company and they will see how it feels to be taken advantage of.  The employees here will one day see how it feels to be standing in the unemployment line for mistreating innocent folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Choice-Home-Warranty-Bold-Face-Liars-Edison-New-Jersey-936823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty