Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Updated: Fri, March 29, 2013

• Reported By: Jim — Grandview Texas
Choice Home Warranty
510 Thornall St. Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Choice Home Warranty CHW Choice Home Warranty takes your money and makes up reason's why not to repair things. Edison New Jersey

First off I am a disabled Veteran. I dont have money to blow. So when bought my first home I also started purchasing a Home Warranty. I shopped around and finally purchased and paid up front for a 42 month plan with Choice Home Warranty. Thought I was getting a good deal. Well... probably too good a deal I found out later.

The first time I call them they sent out a technician in reference to my A/C unit. He checked it out and said I needed a new unit because it was leaking freon. He called Choice Home Warranty and told them the unit looked good but had a leak. He also said there were slight rust around the coils where it was leaking. That was the beginning of the end.

Well because the technician said there was some slight rust around the coils it was my fault and they would not fix it. They (CHW) said it was not properly cared for and it was my fault. [continued below]....
..... Their technician who appeared to be on my side in this issue said that it was not true and I wasn't at fault. He said that all A/C units has some rust around the coils because during the summer time it has condensation all over them and over a period of time everyone collects rust on their coils and that it was not a sign of not not being taken care of. He noted my system was very clean and appeared to have been well maintained.

Choice Home Warranty refused to repair or replace it. I tried to contacting their management, VP, President and everyone else I could think of but they would not give me any phone numbers and refuse to have anyone in management call me back. They blocked my every move. They are RIP-OFF'S!!! You can pay them for years in advance but dont ask for them to repair or replace anything substantial. They may put a washer in your faucet but who needs to pay thousands of dollars in Home Warranty to do that?

They have refuse to let me talk to anyone in management and have refused to help me in any way. I would never recommend that comapny to anyone, ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Choice-Home-Warranty-CHW-Choice-Home-Warranty-takes-your-money-and-makes-up-reasons-why-1039037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty